Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, I'm 23, a guy and I’m fed up of my parents always putting me down all the time. It's been going on for years, there's been comments such as "just go and die, it would be peaceful without you”, "you're absolutely shit”, "you're not valued and nobody likes you", I think you get the message.

It's been getting me down a lot; I've just been keeping a straight face as usual. Every day I walk in through the door after a long day at work, my sister is always looking for an argument with me. Even if I do something right, I'm not valued enough.

I hate my life to be honest. When I was younger, I was bullied throughout primary and high school, always got the good grades but I still wasn't valued enough.

Is there anyone in this situation? What do I do ... any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Hey bud, I would advise you get yourself a job - stack some money and move out. Family is important but your mental health, more so. A bit of space can go a long way. Look to channel your frustration into productivity! Hope this helps, Regards, MirzaVlogs

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, I'm 23, a guy and I’m fed up of my parents always putting me down all the time. It's been going on for years, there's been comments such as "just go and die, it would be peaceful without you”, "you're absolutely shit”, "you're not valued and nobody likes you", I think you get the message.

It's been getting me down a lot; I've just been keeping a straight face as usual. Every day I walk in through the door after a long day at work, my sister is always looking for an argument with me. Even if I do something right, I'm not valued enough.

I hate my life to be honest. When I was younger, I was bullied throughout primary and high school, always got the good grades but I still wasn't valued enough.

Is there anyone in this situation? What do I do ... any advice?
    do you have a slight idea why your parents say this to you? In addition, i think you should move out if you have enough money to do so but i would firstly try and find out what the problem is before moving out.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.