Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently holding unconditional offers from Durham, York and Warwick to study PPE. I'm also holding a conditional offer from LSE, granted I pass their Undergraduate Admissions Assessment.
    I'm an international student so I'm not really sure which universities to choose? Is it much better academically at LSE compared to the others? It is so expensive to live 4 years in London so I am considering turning down their offer just because of the high cost... Right now I might be leaning towards Durham, but recently I have also gotten the impression that Warwick is really good so now I'm soo unsure.
    Anyone here able to help me?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara4844)
    I am currently holding unconditional offers from Durham, York and Warwick to study PPE. I'm also holding a conditional offer from LSE, granted I pass their Undergraduate Admissions Assessment.
    I'm an international student so I'm not really sure which universities to choose? Is it much better academically at LSE compared to the others? It is so expensive to live 4 years in London so I am considering turning down their offer just because of the high cost... Right now I might be leaning towards Durham, but recently I have also gotten the impression that Warwick is really good so now I'm soo unsure.
    Anyone here able to help me?
    Hi, I'm an international student too, but applied to Durham and Warwick too. I got the impression Durham and Warwick are both very good unis (better than York I think), and in a smaller town/ city than London obviously. So you'll have to decide if you like a large city like London or a more familiar environment in a smaller city more.

ReputationRep:
    The PPE course at Warwick is much better rated and I think there's a much higher international student population at Warwick compared to Durham.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm in sort of the same position as you (in terms of costs and course and stuff)
    In terms of cost, you'll find Durham would be cheaper because it's £6,000 less for tuition for PPE than Warwick
    Warwick also does have a greater international community than Durham, so I've been told, along with their better PPE course
    I mean you'd still pay a lower cost if you went to Warwick over LSE by a loooong shot despite because of the savings in living expenses. Warwick actually has higher tuition fees for PPE than LSE btw (23,000+ in WW vs 18,000+ in LSE)
    I believe it's best to visit the unis if you can because I think that's the best way you'd be able to get a feel of where you think is best. Additionally, there are also scholarships if you're worried about cost. Also you might want to look at the UK League tables regarding this, especially if you plan to live and work in the UK.

Just my opinion tho and based off what people have told me ((:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.