Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

English Literature Exam Revision Help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am doing AQA grade 9-1 and we are doing the books An Inspector Calls, Romeo & Juliet and the Sign Of Four.
    I have no idea how to revise for these exams.
    I know about learning quotes, structure, techniques etc.
    But I would like to know what methods e.g. mindmaps worked well for students last year.
    I am aiming for a grade 8/9 and it is really stressing me out because it seems like for the Paper 1 texts ( R& J and the SOF) you have to learn the entire play/ book!
    I think I will revise Characters & Themes for AIC but the others I have no idea.

Any help would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Read the books multiple times, and I would highly recommend watching movie versions too. What I've done for my revision, is make character profiles comprising quotes and character development, and used these to answer past paper questions. The more you do this, the better you'll get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3204turner)
    I am doing AQA grade 9-1 and we are doing the books An Inspector Calls, Romeo & Juliet and the Sign Of Four.
    I have no idea how to revise for these exams.
    I know about learning quotes, structure, techniques etc.
    But I would like to know what methods e.g. mindmaps worked well for students last year.
    I am aiming for a grade 8/9 and it is really stressing me out because it seems like for the Paper 1 texts ( R& J and the SOF) you have to learn the entire play/ book!
    I think I will revise Characters & Themes for AIC but the others I have no idea.

Any help would be much appreciated
    Do you buy york notes for the texts?

I did Inspector calls, Romeo and juliet and the sign of four.. Would be good if we can work together

ReputationRep:
    idk if this is relevant as i did macbeth, but we studied all of the monologues in detail as they were the most common ones to be as the extract in the paper. if there are monologues in R&J, that’s probably the case for yours too
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.