3204turner
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am doing AQA grade 9-1 and we are doing the books An Inspector Calls, Romeo & Juliet and the Sign Of Four.
I have no idea how to revise for these exams.
I know about learning quotes, structure, techniques etc.
But I would like to know what methods e.g. mindmaps worked well for students last year.
I am aiming for a grade 8/9 and it is really stressing me out because it seems like for the Paper 1 texts ( R& J and the SOF) you have to learn the entire play/ book!
I think I will revise Characters & Themes for AIC but the others I have no idea.

Any help would be much appreciated
KingCamembert
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Read the books multiple times, and I would highly recommend watching movie versions too. What I've done for my revision, is make character profiles comprising quotes and character development, and used these to answer past paper questions. The more you do this, the better you'll get.
GcseStudent9
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 3204turner)
I am doing AQA grade 9-1 and we are doing the books An Inspector Calls, Romeo & Juliet and the Sign Of Four.
I have no idea how to revise for these exams.
I know about learning quotes, structure, techniques etc.
But I would like to know what methods e.g. mindmaps worked well for students last year.
I am aiming for a grade 8/9 and it is really stressing me out because it seems like for the Paper 1 texts ( R& J and the SOF) you have to learn the entire play/ book!
I think I will revise Characters & Themes for AIC but the others I have no idea.

Any help would be much appreciated
Do you buy york notes for the texts?

I did Inspector calls, Romeo and juliet and the sign of four.. Would be good if we can work together
baeornot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
idk if this is relevant as i did macbeth, but we studied all of the monologues in detail as they were the most common ones to be as the extract in the paper. if there are monologues in R&J, that’s probably the case for yours too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (46)
20.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (51)
22.57%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (43)
19.03%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (46)
20.35%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (22)
9.73%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
7.96%

Watched Threads