Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Opinions on the university of Falmouth- good or no?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    Hi,I would also like opinions on this school. I got accepted into the MA Film and Television program and wanted opinions on that vs AUB. I know the distance for Falmouth is a killer especially from the airport to campus.

ReputationRep:
    So, here's my conclusion about Falmouth BA Photography and its advantages and downsides in my opinion. I am an applicant for 2018 with an unconditional offer who has visited for an Open Day.

Good:
    Ranked overall in top 1/4 of Uni's by Guardian Uni's
    Small class sizes (12.3 per teacher)
    High teacher satisfaction (90.2%)
    Incredible campus
    One of the biggest stores of photography equipment in Europe, with free rental for students.
    Lovely location - Cornish countryside.
    Amazing facilities - one of the best in England.
    Student run photography business that all students can accept and do work for - one of the only successful ones in the country.
    78 % in a career after 6 months.
    Good accommodation options on Campus and in town.
    Town busses are owned by the University, and so day travel cards are £1 for students.

Bad:
    6 hours out of London where most second year work placements will be.
    Bad place to create a network - where you study for Uni will be the starting point of your creative career and so professional work opportunities locally are crucial for post-degree employment.
    Little to none student work available in the town.
    I'm from Reading, and so it's a killer journey to make.
    Night life when compared to Cities.
    Ranked 21/65 for Photography courses (bad when compared to my other offers Middlesex and UWE)

Hope this helps in some decision making!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanDaniel)
    So, here's my conclusion about Falmouth BA Photography and its advantages and downsides in my opinion. I am an applicant for 2018 with an unconditional offer who has visited for an Open Day.

Good:
    Ranked overall in top 1/4 of Uni's by Guardian Uni's
    Small class sizes (12.3 per teacher)
    High teacher satisfaction (90.2%)
    Incredible campus
    One of the biggest stores of photography equipment in Europe, with free rental for students.
    Lovely location - Cornish countryside.
    Amazing facilities - one of the best in England.
    Student run photography business that all students can accept and do work for - one of the only successful ones in the country.
    78 % in a career after 6 months.
    Good accommodation options on Campus and in town.
    Town busses are owned by the University, and so day travel cards are £1 for students.

Bad:
    6 hours out of London where most second year work placements will be.
    Bad place to create a network - where you study for Uni will be the starting point of your creative career and so professional work opportunities locally are crucial for post-degree employment.
    Little to none student work available in the town.
    I'm from Reading, and so it's a killer journey to make.
    Night life when compared to Cities.
    Ranked 21/65 for Photography courses (bad when compared to my other offers Middlesex and UWE)

Hope this helps in some decision making!
    Thank you so much! This has definitely helped.

University open days

1. Falmouth University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. Falmouth University
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
  3. Falmouth University
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.