Boyfriend going to a party with people I don’t like?? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My boyfriend’s best friend (let’s name him harry) is having a birthday party in a few months and obviously my boyfriend is invited. My boyfriend goes to a different school, and Harry is inviting all the ‘popular, cool’ group from my school, including my ex (let’s name him Ryan) and two particular girls I can’t stand, because they always got in between me and Ryan and they always wanted us to break up. Obviously more girls are going to be there too, I want my boyfriend to have a nice time and I trust him, he hasn’t done anything to hurt me at all. I just can’t help but feel jealous that he’s going to be surrounded by people that I don’t get along with and he knows that, he doesn’t usually hang around with them anyway but what if he all of a sudden does even after the party? Those two girls who I were talking about sometimes say things about him in front of me to piss me off, which they always used to do about Ryan. They don’t really know my boyfriend, but I have a feeling they’ll start doing it again if they meet at the party. I’m overthinking all this I know, but I’ve never been in this situation. It doesn’t help that they will all be drunk as well but I don’t really know how to deal with this at the moment and I don’t want to bring it up with my boyfriend just in case we start an argument Has anyone else experienced something similar and how did you deal with it?
CopperDragon
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My boyfriend’s best friend (let’s name him harry) is having a birthday party in a few months and obviously my boyfriend is invited. My boyfriend goes to a different school, and Harry is inviting all the ‘popular, cool’ group from my school, including my ex (let’s name him Ryan) and two particular girls I can’t stand, because they always got in between me and Ryan and they always wanted us to break up. Obviously more girls are going to be there too, I want my boyfriend to have a nice time and I trust him, he hasn’t done anything to hurt me at all. I just can’t help but feel jealous that he’s going to be surrounded by people that I don’t get along with and he knows that, he doesn’t usually hang around with them anyway but what if he all of a sudden does even after the party? Those two girls who I were talking about sometimes say things about him in front of me to piss me off, which they always used to do about Ryan. They don’t really know my boyfriend, but I have a feeling they’ll start doing it again if they meet at the party. I’m overthinking all this I know, but I’ve never been in this situation. It doesn’t help that they will all be drunk as well but I don’t really know how to deal with this at the moment and I don’t want to bring it up with my boyfriend just in case we start an argument Has anyone else experienced something similar and how did you deal with it?
Hey, haven't had this problem but had something similar. My boyfriend of the time was going to a party with his ex that he still held a bit of a candle for. Honestly, just talk to him about it. That's what i did, it just allows you to voice your concerns, allows him to know what your worried about then you can both just carry on. You might feel a bit uncomfortable while hes at the party but honesty, if you really trust him and talk to him in advance about the girls and your ex it should be fine
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
We talked on FaceTime just then and he knew something was up with me all day, it took like at least half an hour to get it out and it just intimidated me a bit. He knew all along it was because of that but regardless he still respected it and we’re talking about it next time we meet because it’s just easier to say things in person I feel, thanks a lot though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (57)
67.06%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.18%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.76%

Watched Threads