elloisecraig
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
What access courses have people done to gain the correct qualifications to apply for the Hygiene course?
I'm looking at doing just biology. But have noticed some places offer an access course for 'Health' that includes some science modules.
Has anyone done the health access course as opposed to biology (or chemistry??). What have people found the universities have favoured the most, if at all?
Any hep would be appreciated! (does anyone else feel totally overwhelmed just looking at all the different options?!).
Thanks!
x.jessie.x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did mine online with the distance learning centre in Science (Biology, chemistry and physics). I got 36 credits at distinction, 6 credits at merit and 3 at pass. I got rejected without interview at Cardiff and Leeds, but I got interviews at UHI, Essex, Plymouth and Bristol. I am a mature student and had been out of education for 5+ years.

Look at the university entry requirements, most want 33 credits at merit/distinction and at least 15 of those credits in biology.
flr0922
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I also did mine through distance learning centre! access to science in biology, chemistry and physics. i was lucky enough to get 3/5 interviews for this year so i’d deffinately recommend them
elloisecraig
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am doing the science access course also (bio, chem, physics) I THINK the difference with health is that you do units in pyschology...i may be wrong but I know thats what people on the health course at my college do.

I have no interviews as of yet, I am 'referred' for all my options...

Good luck with it, you should totally just go for it. It is such an overwhelming process and one i have found really full on especially as i have been out of education for so long. But you've got nothing to loose so go for it!!
Tinytruffles
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I am an international student should I consider taking the access course?I am a dental nurse as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (632)
33.53%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (794)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (374)
19.84%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.51%

Watched Threads