Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have a BA (Hons) that I paid for myself via the Open University 4 years ago. Does this mean that I am no longer entitled for a loan for my full time degree at a new university - none OU?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ieuansmom)
    Hi, I have a BA (Hons) that I paid for myself via the Open University 4 years ago. Does this mean that I am no longer entitled for a loan for my full time degree at a new university - none OU?
    Hi Ieuansmom,

Unfortunately, if you have gained a degree it would mean you're ineligible for funding for a second degree, even if the first degree was self-funded.

Some courses are exceptions to the rule and students can get funding for a second degree on these courses. Usually this applies to NHS courses, Allied Health Professions (AHP's) and PGCE courses. However, it is course specific so I would always recommend checking with the University/SFE if the course you're applying to is an exception course.

Kind regards,

John.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.