Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone else was allocated here for 2018/19?
    I originally applied for St. Mary's, but I spent my summer school at Van Mildert and had a really good time, great food and accommodation, etc. so I'm pretty hyped about getting allocated there bc I have so many good memories associated with it.
    However, I haven't done an awful lot of research on it and don't know anyone else allocated there yet.
    If there are any current students who would like to share their opinion on it, please do!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there I was allocated there yesterday! I’m studying philosophy, its good to hear that you had a nice time as I didn’t do a lot of research before I applied so I did an open application and got Van Mildert ⭐️
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmeliaBaldwin)
    I was wondering if anyone else was allocated here for 2018/19?
    I originally applied for St. Mary's, but I spent my summer school at Van Mildert and had a really good time, great food and accommodation, etc. so I'm pretty hyped about getting allocated there bc I have so many good memories associated with it.
    However, I haven't done an awful lot of research on it and don't know anyone else allocated there yet.
    If there are any current students who would like to share their opinion on it, please do!
    I’m a current Mildertian and I absolutely love it here! I honestly couldn’t see myself in any other college.

I’d be happy to answer any questions you have, or if you tell me a bit about what you’re interested in getting involved in at uni I can tell you a bit about what Mildert has to offer in those areas?

ReputationRep:
    Just got allocated to Van Mildert Joining this Autumn for Law

ReputationRep:
    I chose mildert and got a place. I stayed there for a summer school too, and I absolutely fell in love with it .

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I’ve been allocated Van Mildert also! I’m worried about the fees of catered accommodation. I originally made no preference but I regret that now. Don’t think student loan will cover me, now I’m scared!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irish997)
    Hey! I’ve been allocated Van Mildert also! I’m worried about the fees of catered accommodation. I originally made no preference but I regret that now. Don’t think student loan will cover me, now I’m scared!
    Have you taken a look at the Durham grant scheme?
    https://www.dur.ac.uk/study/ug/finance/uk/dgs/

If your income is less than 25k and you share your student finance application with the uni, Durham will give you 2000 off the cost of your accommodation.

I've also been allocated to Van Mildert and it was my first choice! Looking forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistahezakiah)

If your income is less than 25k and you share your student finance application with the uni, Durham will give you 2000 off the cost of your accommodation.

I've also been allocated to Van Mildert and it was my first choice! Looking forward to it.
    Unfortunately I don’t qualify for it, thanks for attaching it though, much appreciated!

ReputationRep:

I have been given a place for van mildert also, i am studying accounting and finance. Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salman_ahmed)
    I have been given a place for van mildert also, i am studying accounting and finance. Wbu?
    Nice! I'll be studying Japanese. But I'm a mature student. So my first year will be a foundation one.

ReputationRep:

I've been offered that grant, damn handy.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.