Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have applied to Newcastle with the partners scheme for a lower offer. I had received my offer a couple weeks ago and it was AAB, considering the normal offer without partners is AAA-AAB I thought my partners offer was still quite high, and expected it to be lowered further. Has anyone else experienced this?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Annabelwilson99)
    Hi, I have applied to Newcastle with the partners scheme for a lower offer. I had received my offer a couple weeks ago and it was AAB, considering the normal offer without partners is AAA-AAB I thought my partners offer was still quite high, and expected it to be lowered further. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi Annabel,

Here's what our admissions team have advised:

'For Psychology (for which we commonly get this query), the grades are lowered by one or two depending on the number of science subjects that the student is studying at A level. This is also the criteria which determines whether a student’s non-PARTNERS offer would be AAA or AAB.

If the student has applied to Psychology and is studying one science at A level, then her offer has been lowered from AAA to AAB.'

I hope this helps. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact our dedicated team directly at [email protected] 😊

Best wishes,
    Susie

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.