Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have applied to Newcastle with the partners scheme for a lower offer. I had received my offer a couple weeks ago and it was AAB, considering the normal offer without partners is AAA-AAB I thought my partners offer was still quite high, and expected it to be lowered further. Has anyone else experienced this?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Annabelwilson99)
    Hi, I have applied to Newcastle with the partners scheme for a lower offer. I had received my offer a couple weeks ago and it was AAB, considering the normal offer without partners is AAA-AAB I thought my partners offer was still quite high, and expected it to be lowered further. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi Annabel,

Here's what our admissions team have advised:

'For Psychology (for which we commonly get this query), the grades are lowered by one or two depending on the number of science subjects that the student is studying at A level. This is also the criteria which determines whether a student’s non-PARTNERS offer would be AAA or AAB.

If the student has applied to Psychology and is studying one science at A level, then her offer has been lowered from AAA to AAB.'

I hope this helps. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact our dedicated team directly at [email protected] 😊

Best wishes,
    Susie

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.