Newcastle partners scheme- psychology

Watch this thread
Annabelwilson99
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I have applied to Newcastle with the partners scheme for a lower offer. I had received my offer a couple weeks ago and it was AAB, considering the normal offer without partners is AAA-AAB I thought my partners offer was still quite high, and expected it to be lowered further. Has anyone else experienced this?
Newcastle University
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Annabelwilson99)
Hi, I have applied to Newcastle with the partners scheme for a lower offer. I had received my offer a couple weeks ago and it was AAB, considering the normal offer without partners is AAA-AAB I thought my partners offer was still quite high, and expected it to be lowered further. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi Annabel,

Here's what our admissions team have advised:

'For Psychology (for which we commonly get this query), the grades are lowered by one or two depending on the number of science subjects that the student is studying at A level. This is also the criteria which determines whether a student’s non-PARTNERS offer would be AAA or AAB.

If the student has applied to Psychology and is studying one science at A level, then her offer has been lowered from AAA to AAB.'

I hope this helps. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact our dedicated team directly at [email protected] 😊

Best wishes,
Susie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (94)
20.13%
The paper was reasonable (179)
38.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.48%
It was TERRIBLE (75)
16.06%

Watched Threads