Turn on thread page Beta

Why even bother trying to fit into society ? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nalk1573)
    you have obviously never claimed benefits.

They do just give you money every week if you provide evidence you looked for work.
    Seems like YOU are the one who has obviously never claimed benefits (Job Seekers Allowance to be exact).

If you're unemployed for 9 months, you get put on the Work Programme (unless things have changed) and get put in any job available - which will usually involve zero hours working in a factory or cleaning toilets or some other ****hole of a job. Do you want that?

You have to make money somehow, otherwise you can't eat and you will die.

Can I ask how long you have been claiming JSA? I presume less than 9 months.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want a career,
    don't want to wake up early in the mornings,
    don't want to impress people on LinkedIn,
    don't care If I live on benefits in a council house,
    don't care If I have to rely on a foodbank,
    I get my clothes from Oxfam.

I am just lazy and depressed and I am fine with this. It's just what I am.

What's wrong with this ? Nothing is. We shouldn't give in to peer pressure.
    Nothing... because there is no SOCIETY today, there is no equality or same opportunities for everybody,. Main role of SOCIETY was to ensure all that to each member of community.
    I was working on Faculty of Teacher education years, started on my last year in IT department as a -replacement of IT Services Manager with training and team management of 10 people and organization and distribution of work within the IT Support Service. year later I become Adminstrative Asisstant/Secratery/Referent in Vice Dean Office for student and academic affairs with dutes:
    - Organization and independent management of the administration at the Vice Dean Office for student and academic affairs. - Distribution of the required information of the Vice Dean Office for student and academic affairs, according to the expert services of the Faculty, external institutions and commissioned communication for student's, teaching and expert services of the Faculty inquiries. - Coordinator when enrolling on the module for lifelong learning "Pedagogical-Psychological Education for Teachers", which gives the Faculty annually $ 220000. - Coordinator when enrolling on "The Program of Acquiring Pedagogical Competencies for Vocational Teachers, Teaching Associates and Mentors". - Autonomus writing the basic documents of the Faculty, writing of correspondence within institutions and external institutions. - Organization and Coordination of Materials and Human Resources for the University of Zagreb Fair where the Faculty is awarded each year in the category of the best-exhibited showroom - Assistant of ECTS coordinator. - Independent administrative management of professional pedagogical practices for students of the undergraduate university study program of "Early Childhood and Preschool Education" with direct communication with the heads of kindergartens throughout the Republic of Croatia and students of the mentioned study program.
    and the fired me because I haver ear neurological disorder, Dystonia, and in Croatia they cab+n not help me so I have to go on King's Collage Department for Movement Disorder in London. Faculti owes me about 2000,00 pounds that i will never be able gate back because they made me wrong contract. and because of it, i can not find job.
    so, for conclusion, as Orwell wrote in "Animals farm": “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
    oh... and on this site... all documents are written by me with idea of design for each of them:
    thank you society for making my life, everything but life, because there is no service that will provide me help and support.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Plan-doga%C4%91anja-sjednice-fakulteta-i-proslava-dana-fakulteta-odsjeka-u-%C4%8Cakovcu-i-Petrin.pdf (132.6 KB, 13 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HighOnGoofballs)
    If you're so concerned about what other people think, then you should seriously consider therapy.

At the end of the day, what's better, having a nice house, a car, a family, a dog etc. and being called selfish, or doing jack **** with your life and being called a scrounger.

hmm...tough choice that xo
    The government wastes billions every year.
    but If they give someone 50 pounds a week and some potatoes from a food bank, suddenly that person is worse than Hitler.

This is a double standard.

ReputationRep:
    Our system pushes young people too hard. It is refreshing to see someone stand up to this.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sint)
    Our system pushes young people too hard. It is refreshing to see someone stand up to this.
    thank you

And I don't want to live on tesco sandwiches whilst discussing how much you drank at the weekend. Just not for me. You can't force me to live a certain way.

ReputationRep:
    Why is a person worse than Adolf Hitler if they choose to live on benefits ??

I don't understand the hate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by num.7)
    The only problem I have with that is that you're a benefits scrounger.
    There is no such thing, you either qualify for certain benefits or you don’t.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by num.7)
    So are people who get child benefit but they don't get demonised.

ReputationRep:
    If you honestly loved you job and your life, you would not care that someone gets some free potatoes and 30 pounds a week for doing nothing.

But the hate is because you feel as though I am somehow stealing from you, as though I am treating you like a slave, abusing you and mistreating you.

You are choosing to work because you want to, whether or not people live on benefits.
    Are you honestly in fear that everyone in society will become a manic depressive and do nothing all day ?

"it's not fair I work for a living and you don't" - this isn't an argument. you work because you want to. unless you had a slave job, which would only give you mental health problems anyway

ReputationRep:
    obviously if you are diagnosed with depression, it seems like heaven just to be able to hide away from the world your whole life (personal experience) but I kind of relate on the matter of following society’s expectations: get an education, get a job, settle down, find someone and marry then start a family. the idea of this may sound exciting to people but for some, it’ll be a nightmare. I guess your outlook on hiding away from the world is getting mixed up with resisting the average life. the only reason you want to resist society is to desire a more exciting life (like travelling, hiking, exploring etc.)

ReputationRep:
    you have obviously never claimed benefits.

They do just give you money every week if you provide evidence you looked for work.
    Interesting that you never responded to my post (post #41).

I take it you thought you'd be on Job Seekers Allowance forever? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    ...I am just lazy and depressed and I am fine with this. It's just what I am...
    If you are depressed then you should seek professional help. Otherwise, sure, if you can stay out of the rat-race and be happy go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)

did you think you were going to get a philosophical, well balanced and rational argument from this debate ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)

that's nonsense anyway

If you don't find employment after 9 months, you just continue claiming

There are still people getting about 23,000 a year in benefits despite all the changes to the system

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ked-lives.html

The system is still flawed and has many loopholes that let people survive on benefits, especially single mothers. A single white man will definitely have a harder time claiming.

ReputationRep:
    that's nonsense anyway

There are still people getting about 23,000 a year in benefits despite all the changes to the system

The system is still flawed and has many loopholes that let people survive on benefits, especially single mothers. A single white man will definitely have a harder time claiming.
    I just clicked on the article which is 5 years old and it shows that 3 million of those 4 million never been employed people are under 25.

ReputationRep:
    that's nonsense anyway

You can't claim Job Seekers Allowance once you work over 16 hours a week (at least that was the case several years ago, might have changed slightly since).

If you continue claiming and you're working 16 hours or more, it's fraud and you open yourself up to having a criminal record (I'm sure that's not what you want).

I have no clue about other benefits. There are benefits such as in-work, housing, childcare. But we're not talking about those. We are specifically talking about Job Seekers Allowance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by num.7)
    okay, let's suppose I do nothing all day but actually don't claim benefits

What would you say then ?

What am I ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    I just clicked on the article which is 5 years old and it shows that 3 million of those 4 million never been employed people are under 25.
    maybe I don't even claim benefits

maybe I just am a bum doing nothing

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.