Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What was that? was she really interested? Anyone experienced a similar situation? watch

Announcements

Hello everyone! I have got an interesting experience to share. Basically, I am regular gym-goer who works out pretty much everyday and at my gym there is one girl who is pretty fit and cute as well.

Normally, I am proper focused and not really looking here and there while working out but since I have seen this girl who makes eye contacts from wherever she is working out. I thought she might be interested as she keeps looking at me several times and I could literally feel that.

So I decided I should maybe talk to her and being a shy person it was hard but on the other hand I do not like having any regrets so I thought I would give it a try. At least it will be out of my head.

She was working hard and I was looking for that moment when she is resting or something when I can initiate the conversation. However, what happened was something I could not understand as for me girls are sometimes very difficult to understand.

The way I tried to talk was first to start a conversation by asking a simple question like are you from ....country? Actually I asked her while she was walking back to her workout area after putting back the weights. She stopped and responded with a "no" and kept walking which got me into the most awkward situation ever.

Then I had to continue with my workout as I could not talk any further as she left the place quickly. Then I was near the weights area and I saw her talking to her friend with whom I normally see her talking in the gym often. she was laughing and I felt maybe she was talking about me and what just happened.

When she finished working out she went with that friend of hers. I could not understand what just happened as I thought she was interested and the way she reacted left me wondering what was that?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I've never heard of a conversation starter that involves asking if they're from a certain country, that's just weird. Also, you've asked a yes/no question so you haven't really given her an opportunity to speak.

Why not ask her what she's working on? You have a common interest in the gym, so that's a good place to start as an ice breaker topic.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Jeez man...how could you mess this up. You could of just said “Hi. Could I work in with you? I’m Chad btw and you are?”. Instead you decide to do this *tip toes behind her back* *whispers in her ear* “Arr-Are you from Somalia?”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Jeez man...how could you mess this up. You could of just said “Hi. Could I work in with you? I’m Chad btw and you are?”. Instead you decide to do this *tip toes behind her back* *whispers in her ear* “Arr-Are you from Somalia?”
    LOOOL!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.