Turn on thread page Beta

Girlfriend did weed and lied to me? watch

So hey, Ive been in a relationship for 14 months and my girlfriend was hanging around with this guy who does drugs and her friend who is also experimenting. All Ive ever heard about this guy is bad things so I was a bit on edge about her going over to his house, anyways I just asked her not to touch anything (in hindsight I see now it was wrong of me to ask this). Drugs is sort of a deal breaker for me. Anyways she gets home and we go on call and I ask with a pain in my stomach if she did anything, she told me she vaped and her friend did weed but she didn't. Ive just found out today she actually lied to me and did do weed at that guys house, this was three weeks ago though, how should I react? I understand why she didn't tell me because I would have been upset about it.

ReputationRep:
    It's up to you how much of a dealbreaker drugs are. i agree with you I wouldn't want ot date someone who does drugs, however if it's mild drugs here and there you have to evaluate whether or not you love her enough to overlook it. Or, without telling or dictating to her who her friends should be (obvs, NEVER do this), do just ask her why she is friends with this guy, and make sure the friendship is actually worth something, because if she is friends for him for the drugs, etc, then this is a bad sign, so asking her to think about her friendship with him may help her realise her position on drugs. All the best!!

ok thanks for sharing that with us...

ReputationRep:
    It's not good that she lied but also lots of people do weed once or twice so I would say it's not something you should make her feel scared to tell you. You'll have to decide if it's a deal breaker.

ReputationRep:
    People who smoke weed are morons but the bigger issue is that she lied to you. I would find out what happened from her then go from there
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So hey, Ive been in a relationship for 14 months and my girlfriend was hanging around with this guy who does drugs and her friend who is also experimenting. All Ive ever heard about this guy is bad things so I was a bit on edge about her going over to his house, anyways I just asked her not to touch anything (in hindsight I see now it was wrong of me to ask this). Drugs is sort of a deal breaker for me. Anyways she gets home and we go on call and I ask with a pain in my stomach if she did anything, she told me she vaped and her friend did weed but she didn't. Ive just found out today she actually lied to me and did do weed at that guys house, this was three weeks ago though, how should I react? I understand why she didn't tell me because I would have been upset about it.
    She obviously felt the need to lie because you would say "drug are bad mkay" and make her feel bad about it. Vaping is not bad. Weed is not bad in small doses. Do both of yourselves a favour and get over it. It's not like she was taking heroin.

ReputationRep:
    Is someone else smoking cannabis a big problem for you? If so, dump her.

I suppose one issue with this is that it sounds like this idiot friend might be into a more destructive drug such as crack or heroin. In which case any sensible person would keep a million miles away from them. And that's the big worry in all this?

ReputationRep:
    You need to leave your girl ASAP she is a finnese chick. She make more money than you just leave her
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'd have a massive problem with this too, OP. Not just engaging with the weed but also that she lied to you.

Leave her if she has already lied what else will she lie about?

ReputationRep:
    There's really not anything majorly wrong with smoking weed, it's more the fact that she lied to you. Although it is kind of understandable considering your attitude towards drugs.

So I made this in past context in relation to when we were still together. We now arent anymore and it was bugging me so I decided to talk to her. This is what happened -
    Yea just made things ten times worse. Apparently she did weed and told me she didnt (im pretty anti-drugs) and just found out from my cousin he got sent a photo of her with a blunt in his mouth. Decided to message her friend asking about it when she said she wasnt with my ex, was with my ex, ex took her phone and started throwing abuse at me saying shes glad im out her life and that she ****ing hates me and despises me and never wants to see/speak to me again, told me to **** off a few times. I dont know how I always manage to make things worse for myself.

THis is bearing in mind that the past day she said she wants to be civil with me but needs some time apart (this was to my cousin). Have I completely blew it? or do I still have some hope she will eventually get past it. She was pretty pissed when she said that stuff

This is bearing in mind I still want to be in contact with her

ReputationRep:
    You're totally blown.

If cannabis is a show stopper for you (totally understandable) and you've lectured her about this , then there is absolutely no way back for the 2 of you.

You may well be 2 lovely people, but you are INCOMPATIBLE. That;s OK. Move onto the next...

My ex did the same to me. I ended up calling it off and now I hear such bad things about him. He was such a good person before getting into drugs, weed etc but now he’s a complete different person. If she doesn’t do weed all of the time then it’s no issue but if it’s frequent then i suggest you have a talk with her about how you really feel and decide on weather things will work.

Its weird though, come to think about it everything started to go downhill as soon as these people came on the scene, I think I was right all along. Maybe she wants to experiment, who knows. Its all linked somehow, the lying, shes been back there since.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.