Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi everyone,

Hope ya'll doing well.

Long story short I'm a 21 year old university dropout, I was at Hertfordshire university studying Management after completing a level 3 in business, I dropped out February 2017 and worked full time, left a few jobs and then made a change as I always wanted to do an apprenticeship. I'm unable to do an apprenticeship in Business Administration as I've already got a level 3 business qualification. My agency are helping me get into a Level 3 Customer Service Apprenticeship with a estate agent company, but at the same time have been offered a much better job at Heathrow Airport. I'm not sure what to do, would a customer service apprenticeship really benefit me? Would it take me anywhere? Or should I take the job which is paying higher?

To summarise:
    2013 - 2015: Studying BTEC Level 3 Business
    2015 - 2016: Gap year - employment
    2016 - February 2017: University of Hertfordshire Management
    2017 - Current: In work, making decision at 21 to either do an apprenticeship or stay in job.

At the same time, I'm saving up to go music school, and a job would help me financially and really get me a kick start back in employment.

Whereas I'm not sure what a customer service Apprenticeship would lead me to.

Really need help, I loved university but always believed a Apprenticeship would help me, but I'm in this situation now so I'm not sure what to do.

My final goal is to become a Business Analyst.

Thank you

Goodluck getting an apprenticeship at 21, as you have a level 3 qualification and I assume have taken out a student loan, an employer who offers you an apprenticeship wont get govenment funding. If I were you I’d go back to uni and do a course you actually want to do, employment can wait.

What made you drop out? Lack of passion? Interest lying elsewhere? You've done a BTEC in Business so you shouldn't be having too much trouble doing alright in a marketing course.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.