Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I haven’t even gone to university yet. I’m starting this September and I’m already thinking about taking a year off after my 3 year sports science degree. I’m thinking of going to a couple countries and starting up a YouTube channel . But after a year off do y’all think They’d want to employ me as if I had just graduated
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by bubz4635!)
    I haven’t even gone to university yet. I’m starting this September and I’m already thinking about taking a year off after my 3 year sports science degree. I’m thinking of going to a couple countries and starting up a YouTube channel . But after a year off do y’all think They’d want to employ me as if I had just graduated
    A bit of life experience doesn't hurt your CV. Even if you move away from home, university isn't quite the real world.

ReputationRep:
    Taking time off to travel after university is a great time to gain perspective and life experience before starting your career, and it's best to do that while you're still young. However, some employers see it as a red flag having a year gap on your resume, and can potentially categorize that as being unemployed. But it's honestly about how you tell your story from the time abroad. For example, say you went abroad for a year, volunteered or discovered something about yourself (e.g. meeting all the people on your travels made you realize how much you love interacting with people). Once you're back from your travels, you can pursue opportunities within sales or customer success and utilize your story to share your interest in the role.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.