Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys thinking about picking AH Geography Next year, just wanted to know if anyone who has done it had thought it was good/ worth doing - it's what I want to do at Uni so would be beneficial thanks

ReputationRep:
    It’s very different to higher. There is no taught content in the same way and it’s largely based on your own research projects. It’s a good course as you can choose to focus on the areas of geography that interest you however it really requires constant motivation throughout the year.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martin.Green)
    Hi guys thinking about picking AH Geography Next year, just wanted to know if anyone who has done it had thought it was good/ worth doing - it's what I want to do at Uni so would be beneficial thanks
    I'm currently studying AH Geography and it is extremely different to higher, as it overall focuses more on skills than KU. There are two large piece of coursework which are on any topics that you choose. As I have unconditionals for my top choice universities, I'm struggling to motivate myself to complete my dissertation to the high levels of detail it requires. The actual written exam is pretty straight forward as the fieldwork section is easy to learn and statistics just requires a lot of practice. However the map work section requires you to think outside of the box and is very hit or miss. Despite all this, its been my favourite subject this year but is very time consuming (I wouldn't recommend if you are taking 3 advanced highers, I made this mistake). You also will probably get to go on a residential field trip which is great fun (I'm from Glasgow and we went to Arran). Its really good on the practical geography side and teavhes you lots of valuable skills for university such as referencing etc. I'd definitely recommend!! hope this helps x

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.