Turn on thread page Beta

So I've just started going out with a new lass,
    I don't think she's ever gone out with anyone before, or at least done anything intimate/coupley.
    Because I don't want to screw this up, should I just be blunt with her and ask what she's okay with?

I'm not exactly the best at asking stuff because I have pretty bad anxiety and get really nervous. XD

ReputationRep:
    Just comfort her and make her reveal her secrets, talk deep, all that stuff. Once you have the emotional bond, the rest comes naturally

ReputationRep:
    Just be there for her, don't pressure her into doing anything and just find out what she is comfortable with
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I've just started going out with a new lass,
    I don't think she's ever gone out with anyone before, or at least done anything intimate/coupley.
    Because I don't want to screw this up, should I just be blunt with her and ask what she's okay with?

I'm not exactly the best at asking stuff because I have pretty bad anxiety and get really nervous. XD
    I don't think you should ask her anything about what she's comfortable with, that will make her feel uncomfortable and make you come across as desperate or interested only in sex. I think you should go with the flow of the conversation and if the topic comes up naturally go with it, if not don't push your luck. Don't screw it up! Be honest and genuine...

Girls hate it when people ask them what they're comfortable with, its awkward and its annoying because it makes us say "boys are trash" because the only interest you have is sex or intimacy.

(Original post by Zxyn)
    Just comfort her and make her reveal her secrets, talk deep, all that stuff. Once you have the emotional bond, the rest comes naturally
    That's what I thought I'd do initially, thanks

(Original post by GamingWaves)
    Just be there for her, don't pressure her into doing anything and just find out what she is comfortable with
    Of course, I;d never pressure her into doing anything, especially considering I'm not comfortable with doing a lot of things for a little while. I took me a month to kiss my last girlfriends XD

(Original post by succession.)
    I don't think you should ask her anything about what she's comfortable with, that will make her feel uncomfortable and make you come across as desperate or interested only in sex. I think you should go with the flow of the conversation and if the topic comes up naturally go with it, if not don't push your luck. Don't screw it up! Be honest and genuine...

Girls hate it when people ask them what they're comfortable with, its awkward and its annoying because it makes us say "boys are trash" because the only interest you have is sex or intimacy.
    My mistake, I should have been more descriptive in my original post. When I say "what she's comfortable with" I mean the basic stuff, most people don't think twice about, like holding hands and initial kisses and such stuff. Sex is not even in my mind at this point, especially considering that I've never felt comfortable enough with anyone to have sex with them yet But thanks, I'll keep your comment in mind

ReputationRep:
    That's what I thought I'd do initially, thanks

Of course, I;d never pressure her into doing anything, especially considering I'm not comfortable with doing a lot of things for a little while. I took me a month to kiss my last girlfriends XD

My mistake, I should have been more descriptive in my original post. When I say "what she's comfortable with" I mean the basic stuff, most people don't think twice about, like holding hands and initial kisses and such stuff. Sex is not even in my mind at this point, especially considering that I've never felt comfortable enough with anyone to have sex with them yet But thanks, I'll keep your comment in mind
    My apologies! Same thing applies though, go with the flow. You don't necessarily need sex for a relationship to work anyway! Take it slow and easy, good things in life come with patience.

(Original post by succession.)
    My apologies! Same thing applies though, go with the flow. You don't necessarily need sex for a relationship to work anyway! Take it slow and easy, good things in life come with patience.
    Thank you! I'm not really the most experienced with this kind of thing, I only got somewhat intimate with my last girlfriend, which was around October/November last year. I guess I'm just nervous

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I'm not really the most experienced with this kind of thing, I only got somewhat intimate with my last girlfriend, which was around October/November last year. I guess I'm just nervous
    That's completely fine. I'm pretty sure she feels the same way, you don't know each other yet so it's a learning curve!

ReputationRep:
    Look just come out clean and ask her if she likes it being ripped out the arse and back in the mouth, if not just dump the ***** and move on.

Spoiler:
    Show

Joking of course, don't date a slut. haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.