Turn on thread page Beta

Someone has a crush on my girlfriend watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Someone has a crush on my girlfriend and it's making her uncomfortable. She told me that she dosen't want me to get involved, but she's getting more and more scared of this person and actively avoids them. I don't want to go against her wishes, but should I try to get this person off her back?

ReputationRep:
    Well I think it depends on what is happening that is causing your girlfriend to become scared. If the guy (am assuming it is a guy) just let her know he has a crush on her or her friends let her know about him and she sees him looking at her that would be pretty innocent. If the guy is following her, messaging her and it is increasing then you might need to step in and have a friendly little chat but your girlfriend needs to be aware that you're going to do this. It really depends on what is happening as to the level of response needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefully1)
    Well I think it depends on what is happening that is causing your girlfriend to become scared. If the guy (am assuming it is a guy) just let her know he has a crush on her or her friends let her know about him and she sees him looking at her that would be pretty innocent. If the guy is following her, messaging her and it is increasing then you might need to step in and have a friendly little chat but your girlfriend needs to be aware that you're going to do this. It really depends on what is happening as to the level of response needed.
    Yeah, I'm just not sure what to do, I mean this girl broke up with her girlfriend because of her crush on my girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest if she's following your GF around you should probably get involved like. maybe talk to her and let her down gently or a more subtle way would be maybe showing her that she's in a relationship through PDA when she's around...but that may not stop her. So I would suggest you either talk to her or urge you GF to maybe let her know that she's taken and feels a bit weird about the circumstance. Do remember to not be aggressive or mean when talking to her because in the end of the day it is a harmless crush, right?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.