Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm in England, I'm 18, and I hate life.

I have 0 GCSEs, mostly Us, the ones I care about I have Us in and an E, I failed everything all because I had severe anxiety, depression and my "friends" turned on me for absolutely no reason what so ever.

I still managed to go to college but do a very low level where I wasn't allowed to progress, I done entry level 3 English and maths. I was 16/17 at the time, I took a few months out to focus on mental health and now I'm back in college doing level 1 English and maths. I previously had a part time job in a shop for 4 months but left as it was temporary and I'm currently doing cat sitting while in college.

I want to become an animal care assistant working with all kinds of small to large rescue animals, from kennels to sanctuaries, I would like to work my way up to that, I know you don't always need the GCSEs but I'd like to get better qualifications as I'm finding it hard to find animal jobs in my area in the South, not having or being able to afford a car is depressing enough for me as I need one to do what I want and travel the UK. Public transport is really expensive and I can't be someone who relies on that for the rest of my life I will be devastated and feel like I've never really achieved anything and most animal jobs you need a car.

I need advice on what to do. I've volunteered with animals before and will continue that at some point.

Get lots and lots of work experience! On your CV, employers actually care more about work experience over qualifications most of the time. So volunteer anywhere you can (even if it’s not completely relevant to what you want to do) and get as many references as you can!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.