The Student Room Group

I need advice on what I should do

Hello , I’m worried I am going to fail my GCSE’s , I am in year 9 but at my school we start studying then . My school isn’t the best and a lot of my teacher have been leaving or are off sick . I’m in top set but I am not really sure why as people in the set below me have higher target grades than me . I don’t know what I should do, I could move schools but then I would be causing me a lot of stress and leaving all my friends behind . Should I be revising more and watch videos on the lesson I have just done . Or should I just wait until things get better . Please give me some advice x
I did no work in year 9 and most of year 10, recently I started being more productive with my studies and am currently predicted all 8's and 9's (and an A* in the old gcse). You really shouldn't be worried when you have so much time.
Original post by Trinity.Grace
Hello , I’m worried I am going to fail my GCSE’s , I am in year 9 but at my school we start studying then . My school isn’t the best and a lot of my teacher have been leaving or are off sick . I’m in top set but I am not really sure why as people in the set below me have higher target grades than me . I don’t know what I should do, I could move schools but then I would be causing me a lot of stress and leaving all my friends behind . Should I be revising more and watch videos on the lesson I have just done . Or should I just wait until things get better . Please give me some advice x

You certainly have plenty of time, if you can learn everything as you go it would help but it isn't necessary really unless you feel you want to, also don't worry about target grades they don't mean anything, focus on your own targets instead
Reply 3
I really wouldn't worry at your stage, you certainly become more productive and proactive towards yr11 which is when the bulk of the GCSE learning happens. if you're still worried by then, revise or higher a tutor.

end of the day, GCSEs don't mean a whole lot, may seem like it in year 9 but they make a small difference for the future.
Stay at your current school, enjoy life with your mates and try your best at gcses
Original post by Trinity.Grace

Revise as much as you can until the teachers get back. If you don't get the outcome you want then you can hardly blame yourself.
Thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending