Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 17 nearly 18, and i've been walking full time in a call centre for two months and it depresses me so much. Literally I sit at a desk for 8.5 hours a day and answer calls about credit cards,and the people who ring in are so stupid i really dont know how they cope..

I already have depression, this is my first job and i had no work before so i thought 'finally i got a job, answering phones all day and sitting on a computer, how hard can it be?'

Its mentally destorying, its such a bad environment and im the youngest person there, like i talk to nobody but there's a guy that i work with who's 20 and hes ok, a girl i like who sits beside me shes 19 and thats it.

The management is so stupid too.they give you unrealisitic targets e.g. to lower your handle time, but provide good customer service and to sell products on top of helping the customer? That just increases your handle time, the whole thing is so contradictory i dont even know.

Even my manager says he dreads working here and hes probably gonma leave in a few more weeks.

Idk, i dont know how more 7.45-4.15s or 11:30 to 8's i can do before i give up

Like i come back home angry for some reason, the place just p*ss*s me off it puts ke in a bad mood.

Im been applying for other places for weeks like h&m and tescos, i just keep getting rejected for some reason..no criminal record and my cv is ok..

Im probably just gonna do a course in September..and work somewhere part time..

Any advice?
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    See your GP regarding your depression.

You're only a young person so you could do an apprenticeship in a subject that you like, A-levels, an access to higher education course etc.

Find out what you would like to do and take steps in that.

Some jobs such as developer, IT jobs you just need skills and a portfolio of work for web, app, software developer roles. You could take out Certs for IT help desk, networking, systems admin roles.

Check out Udacity, they do one year nano degrees in mobile app development, data analysis etc which you can complete sooner.

Good luck
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.