Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    Last week I received an invitation to an interview.
    In the email, they suggested 2 days (Monday and Friday) and asked me to confirm my preference, which I did (Friday 09th). I have not received any other communication after that.
    Now I am wondering if I should ask them to confirm the interview will take place... or is it understood?
    Any ideas?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Can you not ring and ask for confirmation?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply. Yeah sure, I will do that.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    Need your help again please!!
    I have received an invitation to a second interview for this same position, which I think is a good sign.
    During the first interview, they made clear to me that my salary expectations were above their available budget for this position. As I was genuinely interested in the job, at that time I mentioned that money wasn’t my priority.
    However, yesterday I had my annual compensation review with my current manager and suddenly everything changed!
    He offered me a very good salary increase and a promotion.
    Now I don’t know what to do with the other Company.
    Should I tell them what happened and withdraw myself from the recruiting process when I show up to the interview this afternoon or should I say nothing and wait for an offer, even though I am pretty sure I will be waisting everyone’s time?
    Any thoughts, please? It’s a difficult situation...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.