Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying at the open university part time, so I'm not getting any maintenence loans. However, in October I will be going full time at the OU which will mean me leaving my job. When it asks for household income in the application, should this be my household income at the time of applying, or my household income as it will be at the time of starting my course? As of course I will have less income when my course actually starts, I am reluctant to put what my household income is now. Thanks, Heather
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by hhbeeston)
    I am currently studying at the open university part time, so I'm not getting any maintenence loans. However, in October I will be going full time at the OU which will mean me leaving my job. When it asks for household income in the application, should this be my household income at the time of applying, or my household income as it will be at the time of starting my course? As of course I will have less income when my course actually starts, I am reluctant to put what my household income is now. Thanks, Heather
    Hi Heather,

For courses at the OU that started before August 2018, there is maintenance loan available. With student finance, OU is always classed as part-time. May I just ask, which form are you looking at there?

Thank you,

John.

ReputationRep:
    Hi John, so are you saying for a full time course starting at the OU in October 2018 I wouldn't get any maintenance loan? I was just looking at the student finance calculator page.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by hhbeeston)
    Hi John, so are you saying for a full time course starting at the OU in October 2018 I wouldn't get any maintenance loan? I was just looking at the student finance calculator page.
    Hi Heather,

It would actually depend on if you were classed as a new student or a continuing student. If you're returning to the same course at the same university, but increasing the modules to 100% of the full time course, this would still actually be classed as part time due to it being the OU.

As of the 2018/19 academic year, there is a maintenance loan available for part time courses, however, you would have to be classed as a new student starting a new course in the 2018/19 academic year.

Kind regards,

John.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.