leiloh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have received an unconditional offer from Durham university to do a degree in Psychology, I then received another email informing me that I have been accepted and have a place at the Josephine Butler college, now on further investigation apparently the campus where Psychology lectures are held around 21 miles away? I'm really worried now as I do want Durham to be my choice but I don't drive and its a 6 hour walk..should I get in contact with the university?
fw1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by leiloh)
I have received an unconditional offer from Durham university to do a degree in Psychology, I then received another email informing me that I have been accepted and have a place at the Josephine Butler college, now on further investigation apparently the campus where Psychology lectures are held around 21 miles away? I'm really worried now as I do want Durham to be my choice but I don't drive and its a 6 hour walk..should I get in contact with the university?
I believe that all Stockton courses are relocating to, or have already relocated to Durham city. Please check with the university, but I am pretty sure that your course will now be in the city and not Stockton. They have never allocated colleges to students expecting them to travel between.
JoBo is a great college, I would recommend attending the offer holders day and staying over to check it out. Good luck!
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There was a separate applied psychology dept at the Queen's campus. However, Durham decided to shut Queen's down a couple of years ago: https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/study/queens/

As you can see, all psychology should be in Durham from 2018. You should still check with the department, however, just to make sure everything is on schedule.

Posted from TSR Mobile
fw1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
C800 Psychology Bsc is definitely based at Durham City if that's your course - according to the website!
leiloh
Rep:
?
(Original post by fw1)
C800 Psychology Bsc is definitely based at Durham City if that's your course - according to the website!
Thank you, I originally thought that it was at the Durham city campus but I googled the Psychology department and it came up with the Stockton campus so I thought it's definitely better to be safe than sorry! Thanks for the help.
leiloh
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
There was a separate applied psychology dept at the Queen's campus. However, Durham decided to shut Queen's down a couple of years ago: https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/study/queens/

As you can see, all psychology should be in Durham from 2018. You should still check with the department, however, just to make sure everything is on schedule.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for your help, that link explains it perfectly!
ckinney
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I also got an offer for psychology and got placed at Josephine Butler!!
charlotteewardx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi! I currently hold an AAA offer to study Philosophy at Josephine Butler and have firmed this, however was just wondering how flexible they would be if I got awarded A*AB with the A* being in music? Whilst I feel I would have achieved AAA if I had sat exams I now feel I may get a B in English lit rather than an A under the new grade allocation process!

Thanks in advance!

Charlotte
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (69)
17.92%
No one else does (122)
31.69%
I'm embarrassed about my background (41)
10.65%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (130)
33.77%
We don't use a video platform (7)
1.82%
I don't have a camera (9)
2.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
1.82%

Watched Threads