Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a second year college student and I'm really looking forward to the uni life but I don't want to be too naive...

ReputationRep:
    ngl its pretty great, my favorite place of all to study out of school, college and uni (and i'm someone who hated school and college). sure the works a little more challenging but it feels great to be a uni student, to work amongst more intelligent and mature people who are actually there to make something of themselves rather than just waste time and above all else you are treated like an adult, not a kid

I miss my uni days should have made the most of it

ReputationRep:
    Uni life is whatever you want it to be You have so much freedom and flexibility with your time (which is actually a double edged sword so beware!). No matter what sort of things you enjoy (whether it's the nightlife, societies, sports, being amongst academia) there is something for you. It's a time for you grow up and try new things (I mean like new sports or recipes not drugs).

There will be aspects you find difficult, I think everyone has that but I don't know what your personal difficulties will be. Some people struggle with home-sickness, some aren't very good at keeping on top of the 'basics' (cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping), others struggle with time management. You will probably hate your course at quite a few points as well!

It's great that you're looking forward to it, but don't worry if you find it difficult or even decide that it's not the right thing for you

My personal experiences were that I adjusted great to being away from home, I enjoy cooking, keep on top of my cleaning, laundry and shopping. However I'm not very good at managing my study time (and have paid the price of that several times). It wasn't a surprise for me to find that I didn't enjoy going on 'big nights out' and the novelty of alcohol wore off pretty quickly. Although I discovered new interests in sports teams, fitness, food and art. I also learned that I really hate my course but there are some pretty decent people which makes it bearable.

It's a mixed bag, whether it's good or bad depends what you focus on. The biggest thing to remember: NO ONE HAS A CLUE WHAT'S GOING ON.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there!
    My name is Alice and I'm a Bournemouth University student so please feel free to ask me any questions you have about uni life or the area or even if you have a question that's not directly linked to BU.
    Alice

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.