Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How can I hydrate my skin? watch

Announcements

My skin always gets rather flakey, even when I moisturise and have been told it is because of a lack of skin hydration

Does anyone know of any products or tips to hydrate it? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    drink moar

ReputationRep:
    Aveeno moisturiser is a godsend. Or E45 Intense Hydration.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I'm a male btw

I drink a lot but it doesn't affect my skin

Ok thanks, I'll check them out!

ReputationRep:
    Drrink more water and use skin lotion

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I have very dry skin and it flakes in areas with this skin, like my eyelids and elbows a lot! My GP gave me a cream for psoriasis and it cleared up the bad bits. I use moisturising oil on other dry areas for sensitive skin and this seemed to clear up the lack of hydration especially after a shower/bath. I drink loads everyday too and this seemed to help.
    I use Aveeno baby on my son as he has the same dry patches but is too young to use the GP cream.

My skin isn't mega dry (I don't think) but far far from perfect, just flakey and dull

I found this and wondering if it would work ok

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Moisturiser

ReputationRep:
    Hands, face, body or all three?

Face :P

Any tips welcome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My skin isn't mega dry (I don't think) but far far from perfect, just flakey and dull

I found this and wondering if it would work ok

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Moisturiser
    Apparently gel creams or oil are good for dry skin as they are better absorbed by the skin. Creams can just sit on the surface if you know what I mean. The one you've found looks good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a male btw

I drink a lot but it doesn't affect my skin

Ok thanks, I'll check them out!
    Alcohol doesn't count.

ReputationRep:
    I would advise going to Clinique and explaining your problem, they offer lots of samples. Also, you can try any of their products for a number of weeks and if they don't fix your problem they will give you a refund with no problem so its worth it to find a fix.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I suffered (and still do) with dry skin when I was working in retail. I only drink water/juices so hydration was never an issue but permanently having my hands in chillers or going from hot to cold, back and forth often really damaged my hands. I tried stuff like E45, Hydrocortisone and some natural cream but none of them were able to deal with the issue. The only thing I've found that works is Aqueous cream and even then I still have skin problems during winter.

Get a doctors opinion so they can prescribe something specifically for you. If you've been told by a doctor that it's because of dry skin then they can deal with it. As you've seen here, everyone has different problems and solutions. You may find one of these works and you may find none of them help, or even make it worse. Get a professional opinion

I don't really think it is worth going to the doctor's over, there are many products out there that are made to deal with this but just need to find the right one

After looking into it deeply, my skin is dehydrated rather than dry

It's strange looking around in public, everyone has perfect skin and it's like you stand out. Bit narcissistic

ReputationRep:
    LUSH products... that’s all I have to say- they work wonders! Just look for face masks (FACE masks/moisturisers and not body moisturisers- I used a body moisturiser on my face and my face became very oily haha!) Either go to a store near you and ask someone working there what’s good for what you need, or do a bit of research yourself and order😊

(Original post by rnl)
    LUSH products... that’s all I have to say- they work wonders! Just look for face masks (FACE masks/moisturisers and not body moisturisers- I used a body moisturiser on my face and my face became very oily haha!) Either go to a store near you and ask someone working there what’s good for what you need, or do a bit of research yourself and order😊
    Do you really think I have the confidence to go into a store like that?!

Sorry, I'm pretty self conscious 😁

Too embarrassed to go into a store that may help me get stuff to make me appear a bit better

ReputationRep:
    Do you really think I have the confidence to go into a store like that?!

Sorry, I'm pretty self conscious 😁

Too embarrassed to go into a store that may help me get stuff to make me appear a bit better
    Then order online😊 if you search the page for moisturisers and stuff LUSH is pretty much all successful and following what they’re sold to do.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.