Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I recently submitted an extenuating circumstances form to my administrator for my course but because was a day late they forwarded it on to the Academic support team and they rejected it. they are asking for detailed information about a surgery my mum had but surely a letter saying she underwent the operation and the effect it would've had on me should be enough without asking for more professional's to write another letter going into detail about what she had done and how would affect her ?

any advice here would be appreciated

who wrote this letter , try and get some sort of document from the doctor who did the surgery

hopefully she is fine and well

What is the letter they already have? If it is just from your doctor or counsellor saying that you have told them your mum had an operation and that has affected you that isn't evidence as it is just your word that there even was an operation. The extenuating circumstances committee need evidence that the surgery took place not the nitty gritty details. That is why they are asking for evidence from her doctors.

Otherwise anybody could just make up any old story to the campus counsellor to get out of failing an assessment.

Hope your mum is OK now.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.