Shayblog
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How many of you who attended primary education with QTs interview got a place & how was it?
olivia_dooner
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Shayblog)
How many of you who attended primary education with QTs interview got a place & how was it?
Hi 😊 I had 5 interviews in January for Primary Ed with QTS and got all 5 offers 🎉 Generally, all of the interviews were fairly relaxed, some did feel more formal and competitive than others but overall they were fairly informal. I’m happy to answer any questions if you want to ask anything! 😊
HighFructose
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by olivia_dooner)
Hi 😊 I had 5 interviews in January for Primary Ed with QTS and got all 5 offers 🎉 Generally, all of the interviews were fairly relaxed, some did feel more formal and competitive than others but overall they were fairly informal. I’m happy to answer any questions if you want to ask anything! 😊
Could you tell me about the QTS skills test? My sister struggles with maths and english but wants to enrol on the course (University of Wolverhampton)
olivia_dooner
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HighFructose)
Could you tell me about the QTS skills test? My sister struggles with maths and english but wants to enrol on the course (University of Wolverhampton)
I have my skills tests booked for the end of the month, you should book them prior to interview and take a copy of the confirmation of the dates with you 😊 I struggle massively with maths, what I’ve found from revising is the questions aren’t actually that difficult, it’s doing it in the time! So I’d suggest finding quick techniques that you can rely on to work things out quickly 😊 There’s practice tests online and I’ve found things on YouTube really helpful as there are example questions and they go through the answer for you and how to do it 😊 English has always been one of my stronger subjects and I do it at A level so the English isn’t something I’m really worried about, I’d suggest practicing spellings and comprehension skills 😊 Honestly just keep doing practice tests, it’s not as bad as you think!
Shayblog
Rep:
?
QTS test was really easy. I did a lot of practice questions and I also bought two books 'how to pass the numeracy/literacy QTS test' I downloaded some apps as well practice QTS. and I basically just practiced as much as I can.

Before I started I wrote down 8 times table, 7 and 9. I also memorised some percentage conversions like 1/8 1/3 etc and wrote those down.

As for the literacy, I just practiced spelling. and punctuations it was really easy. No need to panic!

& It's true what they say the real tests are easier than the actual test
Shayblog
Rep:
?
In my interview they have asked to prepare a two minute presentation on questions they have provided. I don't know how to go about this. Any tips? Also as vain as this sounds what did you wear? and what did you do to prepare?
Shayblog
Rep:
?
And also! Did you apply to MMU?
olivia_dooner
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Shayblog)
In my interview they have asked to prepare a two minute presentation on questions they have provided. I don't know how to go about this. Any tips? Also as vain as this sounds what did you wear? and what did you do to prepare?
What are the questions? I will try my best to help ☺️ I wore smart black trousers with a yellow or white and navy striped blouse with smart shoes, I think it’s important to wear a bit of colour! Preparation depended on the information the uni provided about the day, different unis did different tasks 😊

I did not apply for MMU ☺️
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What are the questions?
Sharing of details like that isn't allowed on TSR I'm afraid

:fyi: Shayblog.:
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I believe the info in this thread is still somewhat relevant, despite it's age.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2196344

Planning on updating it soon anyway so if anyone want to identify the possible issues let me know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.53%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (801)
42.16%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.53%

Watched Threads