Turn on thread page Beta

Can anyone help me t unblock my ear. It has been blocked since yesterday.

PLEASE HELP. ITS ANNOYING

Thanks,

Haneeq.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Blocked with water or earwax? The latter can be cleaned out putting drops of olive oil into your ear. You can buy the small bottles from a pharmacy or places like Superdrug/Boots.

ReputationRep:
    if its reallyyyyy blocked, you can go to the GP for ear syringing/suction

ReputationRep:
    put warm water into the blocked ear

It just blocked naturally and I have checked, there is no Wax.

ReputationRep:
    Try Earex.

https://www.earex.co.uk/earex-advance-ear-drops.aspx

Works wonders for me, and ive had earwax problems since i was little.

If the blockage is associated with pain however, you need to get that checked out by your GP.

Edit: Just read you said theres no earwax...in that case also go to your GP, as you may have blocked sinuses which can sometimes effect your ears...i know this coz i had it! They'll most likely give you a nose spray and it will help drain everything out and flowing properly again...hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    if its blocked naturally that usually means ear wax? it's just near your ear drum, impossible for you to see yourself
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Usually a blocked ear is caused by a wax build up. That can be quite deep in your ear (far enough that you would not be able to see our feel it). To treat a wax build up you can get drops from a pharmacy or large supermarket that soften the wax and help it slip out.

If you don't believe it is wax do you mind me asking how it feels to make you think it's blocked and also how you checked for wax?
    Other possibilities other than wax that could feel like a blockage could include sinus or ear drum issues. That's something you would need to see your GP for so they can check what's going on and help you sort it out.
    If you are having any pain or feel like your ear drum may be affected do not put any ear drops in. Also, avoid putting anything in your ear including cotton swabs or your finger. That can push wax back, poke and damage your ear drum or just generally irritate your ear.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Kindred)
    Usually a blocked ear is caused by a wax build up. That can be quite deep in your ear (far enough that you would not be able to see our feel it). To treat a wax build up you can get drops from a pharmacy or large supermarket that soften the wax and help it slip out.

If you don't believe it is wax do you mind me asking how it feels to make you think it's blocked and also how you checked for wax?
    Other possibilities other than wax that could feel like a blockage could include sinus or ear drum issues. That's something you would need to see your GP for so they can check what's going on and help you sort it out.
    If you are having any pain or feel like your ear drum may be affected do not put any ear drops in. Also, avoid putting anything in your ear including cotton swabs or your finger. That can push wax back, poke and damage your ear drum or just generally irritate your ear.

Hello,

My ear just blocked suddenly on Tuesday night. Ive tried olive oil and ear drops but it keeps unblocking and blocking again.
    Its not blocked with water - i know that for sure.

Thanks,

Haneeq.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

Hello,

My ear just blocked suddenly on Tuesday night. Ive tried olive oil and ear drops but it keeps unblocking and blocking again.
    Its not blocked with water - i know that for sure.

Thanks,

Haneeq.
    How long have you been using the drops for? I belive it can take around 4 days of use before things improve. Even then it may not fix the issue. Sometimes a wax build up can need to be removed by syringing or suction. You can talk to your GP about organising that.
    Your GP can also check it's not any other issue like blocked sinuses, but what you're saying sounds a lot to me like wax blockage. I've had it a fair few times and it will often be that it's getting blocked and unlocked and you can't tell there's any wax or anything. You might even have a bit of hearing loss like things are muffled.

But anyway whatever it is your GP can help you out so call your surgery and explain what's going on. If things aren't too bad you might like to wait a couple more days using the ear drops to see if that helps things. Just avoids wasting time going to the GP and the annoyance of having your ears poked around in.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me t unblock my ear. It has been blocked since yesterday.

PLEASE HELP. ITS ANNOYING

Thanks,

Haneeq.
    Ears, nose and throat are all connected internally - google netti pot

ReputationRep:
    If your hearing is dropping in and out I would recommend a GP visit, possibility of it being a perforated eardrum- even more so if you have been attempting to get wax out using cotton buds.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.