Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Imperial Postgrad Computing (all courses) Offer Holders 2018/2019 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, I'm starting this thread to avoid bloating the applicants' thread with computing specific info. I'd like to start by sharing my application timeline for future reference, and I would also like to discuss module choices, accommodation and additional info about the course with other offer holders for the same (or similar) course.

I applied for the MSc in Computing (Machine Learning). I'm an EU student currently studying BEng Electronic Engineering at a Russell group uni (80+ average, top 15% of my class). Been programming for about 7 years, won a couple of prizes at hackathons, did two summer internships at my uni (not related to machine learning) and contributed to starting a small company.

A small side note for those who (like me) feared they would get rejected because of a couple of bad grades (I got a lower second in first year maths, which is quite an important module): don't worry too much, if the other parts of your applications are polished enough, they'll definitely forgive you.

My timeline:

- Took GRE in mid-November (166 quant, 160 verbal, 4.5 essays)

- Finished my application in early December, last reference received 2 January

- Got an email in late January asking me to choose which modules I would like to take if I got in this course, and list my modules that satisfy their prerequisites.

- Got an offer a week after sending my chosen modules (today)

A question to people having gathered more information about Imperial modules/having already completed the MSc course: Are there any specific modules you would like to recommend/not recommend? What is your opinion on the MSc in Machine Learning? Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am from China and I got an offer for the MSc in Computing (Machine Learning) at 12-Jan. I also applied for the MSc in ML at UCL and I am still waiting for the result. My friends told me that the machine learning program offered by UCL is better but I have to pay the deposit soon.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.