Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, I'm starting this thread to avoid bloating the applicants' thread with computing specific info. I'd like to start by sharing my application timeline for future reference, and I would also like to discuss module choices, accommodation and additional info about the course with other offer holders for the same (or similar) course.

I applied for the MSc in Computing (Machine Learning). I'm an EU student currently studying BEng Electronic Engineering at a Russell group uni (80+ average, top 15% of my class). Been programming for about 7 years, won a couple of prizes at hackathons, did two summer internships at my uni (not related to machine learning) and contributed to starting a small company.

A small side note for those who (like me) feared they would get rejected because of a couple of bad grades (I got a lower second in first year maths, which is quite an important module): don't worry too much, if the other parts of your applications are polished enough, they'll definitely forgive you.

My timeline:

- Took GRE in mid-November (166 quant, 160 verbal, 4.5 essays)

- Finished my application in early December, last reference received 2 January

- Got an email in late January asking me to choose which modules I would like to take if I got in this course, and list my modules that satisfy their prerequisites.

- Got an offer a week after sending my chosen modules (today)

A question to people having gathered more information about Imperial modules/having already completed the MSc course: Are there any specific modules you would like to recommend/not recommend? What is your opinion on the MSc in Machine Learning? Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am from China and I got an offer for the MSc in Computing (Machine Learning) at 12-Jan. I also applied for the MSc in ML at UCL and I am still waiting for the result. My friends told me that the machine learning program offered by UCL is better but I have to pay the deposit soon.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.