Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, this has been bugging my mind alot ever since last weekend and I'm just not sure what to do to put myself at ease at this point. Went clubbing for the first time with 2 girls I didn't know and my best friend - my best friend knew one from primary school but that was as far as their relationship extended. I didn't even know their names when I met them - regardless, had an amazing time. Such an amazing time, they invited us out again to another night of clubbing the day after. We plan on going out again this Friday/Saturday (or both) and to be honest I can see myself going out with these people more often, so yay.The problem is, I made out with the other girl a few times. We both enjoyed it of course, no awkwardness or anything, but I can't get that fact out of my head. I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't a tinsy-bit attached as a result and it's been bugging me since. I've read everywhere online that club relationships are a bad idea... Is any of this even worth pursuing? There is a bit more detail but I tried to keep it short, I wouldn't say I'm one to typically fall for casual things, as ironic as it might sound to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammydodgems)
    Hi, this has been bugging my mind alot ever since last weekend and I'm just not sure what to do to put myself at ease at this point. Went clubbing for the first time with 2 girls I didn't know and my best friend - my best friend knew one from primary school but that was as far as their relationship extended. I didn't even know their names when I met them - regardless, had an amazing time. Such an amazing time, they invited us out again to another night of clubbing the day after. We plan on going out again this Friday/Saturday (or both) and to be honest I can see myself going out with these people more often, so yay.The problem is, I made out with the other girl a few times. We both enjoyed it of course, no awkwardness or anything, but I can't get that fact out of my head. I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't a tinsy-bit attached as a result and it's been bugging me since. I've read everywhere online that club relationships are a bad idea... Is any of this even worth pursuing? There is a bit more detail but I tried to keep it short, I wouldn't say I'm one to typically fall for casual things, as ironic as it might sound to you.

Go for it! you never know until you try.. if it doesn't work out you haven't lost anything! Talk to her and see if she feels the same

ReputationRep:
    i would keep it as a possibility and see how things go. That doesn't mean stay attached but i've had friends who have made club relationships last.

You just gotta wait till you find out how she's feeling about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savie T)
    Go for it! you never know until you try.. if it doesn't work out you haven't lost anything! Talk to her and see if she feels the same
    I was going to just try to put it off until this weekend but it's been wracking my brain all week. It's annoying because you can't really talk in clubs and it's not like it's just the four of us lol

ReputationRep:
    talk in the smoking area where it's a bit quieter, but keep it short.
    make her want more.

Just see how it goes this weekend. I met my boyfriend (3 years ago) in a club and we’re still going strong lol. You never know where you may end up so you can only try.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.