The Student Room Group

Reserve list

I’ve recently been placed on a 12 months reserve list with the ministry of justice after not getting the vacancy I applied for but was a strong candidate... has anyone had any experience of being placed on a reserve list and actually getting a job out of it.
You will find there are lots of posters on this forum who have been offered positions after being on a reserve list me being one of them.
Congrats and good luck
I have also been placed on a reserve List.
I have just noticed the number of jobs available has increased from 34 to 52. Just wondering if anyone knows why they'e done this?
Original post by Chan512
I have also been placed on a reserve List.
I have just noticed the number of jobs available has increased from 34 to 52. Just wondering if anyone knows why they'e done this?

If it's the same campaign then that's good news so I wouldn't worry as it's more vacancies to go round but even if it isn't it shouldn't have any bearing on your campaign or your reserve list and running another campaign with people still on a reserve list from the last one isn't unusual it happens a lot.

But be aware that if the vacancies are for different areas then the problem is if everyone's preference is for a popular area that is when it gets a bit tricky to predict what will happen
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by silver67surfer
If it's the same campaign then that's good news so I wouldn't worry as it's more vacancies to go round but even if it isn't it shouldn't have any bearing on your campaign or your reserve list and running another campaign with people still on a reserve list from the last one isn't unusual it happens a lot.

But be aware that if the vacancies are for different areas then the problem is if everyone's preference is for a popular area that is when it gets a bit tricky to predict what will happen

Ahhh that's good to hear. It is the same campaign. That's why I was a bit confused
Reply 5
Hi, can you be on the reserve list and apply for other prisons and still be on reserve list for all prisons
Reply 6
I was on the reserve list for just over a month before getting my provisional offer.
Reply 7
think im just being inpatient lol
I've recently been put on the reserve list but still have an appointment with OH next week. Has anyone else had this?
I got my job by being on the reserve list. I attended for my interview, found out later that day I was unsuccessful as they had offered the role to someone who had worked there previously and about a month later they called me and told me a vacancy had opened.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending