x Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    That's the end of the webchat - thanks to Duncan and David!
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by Duncan Gracie)
    Hi Jack

Yes, in the circumstances you describe and under the current repayment policy, that’s what would happen.

Thanks again for your questions.
    Okay thank you Duncan
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ddink)
    Student loan repayment shouldn't have been taken, help!
    I work for an agency as a temp worker, and in my recent pay slip they took £4 off for my student loans Repayment (I know it's not much) but I have not and will not hit the £21,000 mark to repay loans. Why has this happened and who is best to take it up with? HMRC, my agency or Student Loans? Thanks
    Hi ddink, As well as the annual thresholds there are also weekly and monthly thresholds which can often trigger a student loan repayment and this may be because you have worked overtime or had a bonus.
    If your income is over the weekly or monthly threshold but not the annual threshold, you might be due a refund. However, to get your money back you will need to wait until after April when you have received your P60 from your employer, this will show that you earned under the annual plan threshold and you can then contact SLC.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.