Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How many hours per week do you typically spend in lectures and classes each week? I'm trying to gauge how many hours I could realistically work each week.

I'll be going to either UCL or King's (haven't picked my firm yet). So if anyone goes to these universities for history it would be a bonus.

Thank you in advance.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by FutureHistorian)
    How many hours per week do you typically spend in lectures and classes each week? I'm trying to gauge how many hours I could realistically work each week.

I'll be going to either UCL or King's (haven't picked my firm yet). So if anyone goes to these universities for history it would be a bonus.

Thank you in advance.
    :lol: UCL or King's is probably more than me. I'm a Joint Honours History student (first year) and my timetable is a massive 8 hours per week. Consisting of 4 hours of history per week but a single honours history here at Keele would still be 8 hours of timetable lectures and seminars per week.

Wherever you go, History is far some a science degree when it comes to timetabling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureHistorian)

Thank you in advance.
    You will find the above to be pretty typical. Including self-study, however, you should be looking at about 35-40 hours a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    Including self-study, however, you should be looking at about 35-40 hours a week.
    :hahaha: Good joke.:nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    :hahaha: Good joke.:nothing:
    How much do you do???
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    How much do you do???
    A lot less than I should.:getmecoat:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.