Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've failed my driving test 7 times. Should I give up?

ReputationRep:
    How many hours of driving lessons have you had? I am due to do my test for the first time in 2 months.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've just seen this and wanted to give you some advice. I'm currently learning to drive and if I was in your position I wouldn't give up, you've probably invested a lot of time and money into learning. What about getting insured on someone else's car to try and get extra practice? Or speak to your instructor and make sure to nail what you're getting wrong. I'm sure you've probably already done all that but honestly don't give up. You WILL pass!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoenix789)
    How many hours of driving lessons have you had? I am due to do my test for the first time in 2 months.
    40 hours. It's getting ridiculous though.

The first was a serious fault for rolling back too far on hill start. That one was bad I'll admit haha.

Second was hitting the curb on a reverse around the corner.

Third was for driving too slowly.

Fourth was for hesitation and causing a tail back on a roundabout.

Fifth was for driving too quickly (didn't see there was a temporary speed limit on the dual carriageway)

Sixth was for stalling and staying too long in a yellow hatched box.

Today's was for taking part of the other side of the road turning left.

It's never been more than one serious fault and I've never had more than 4 minors.

ReputationRep:
    Take a break
    Practice with someone and get them to pretend to be the instructor
    You're failing because of nerves or trying to get it perfect, not because you're a bad driver
    When u gain confidence, try it again
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just failed this morning, mainly because

ReputationRep:
    I just failed my first time this morning, mainly because of slowing driving and one pull over without signal, booked second one for next month, really understand how you feel, do not give up! take everything as your lessons and remember every points you've learned, get ready for the next,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HomeworkHater)
    Take a break
    Practice with someone and get them to pretend to be the instructor
    You're failing because of nerves or trying to get it perfect, not because you're a bad driver
    When u gain confidence, try it again
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlesmall)
    Just failed this morning, mainly because
    Sorry to hear that.

To the OP all of those are easily solveable. It’s practice in a test environment, ie a mock test with your instructor.

You failed for going to slowly, I mean that’s slightly unfair.

(Original post by S.Price.1988)
    I've failed my driving test 7 times. Should I give up?
    No don't give up I failed mine 3 times but I passed the 4th time so giving up is never an option perseverance is 1 you should apply & remind your self why you doing it

ReputationRep:
    I just failed my first time this morning, mainly because of slowing driving and one pull over without signal, booked second one for next month, really understand how you feel, do not give up! take everything as your lessons and remember every points you've learned, get ready for the next,we will get there!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone. I took a break and retook my test today. Passed with one minor for signalling too early.

ReputationRep:
    Well done!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    A bit late, but moved to Learning to drive. :p: Congrats on passing.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.