Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I’m doing my IT coursework for gcse and it involves creating a website. Part of the planning part includes coming up with a success criteria for the website. My teacher cannot help me because the course board says she can’t do so. Now I’m not sure what this success criteria is supposed to be. Can anyone help me and give me examples?

ReputationRep:
    The only answer is "It depends". Since this is your website, the only person who can really define what 'success' means is you.

'Success Criteria' simply means that you're defining some kind of standard against which you are going to measure or judge whether you've been successful at something.

Here are a few generic examples of some 'daily life' objectives and success criteria for those objectives:

Objective: Make a cup of tea
    Success Criteria: Cup is filled with hot tea, brewed for 2 minutes, with two sugars and milk

Objective: Run a 10-minute mile
    Success Criteria: The stopwatch timer used during the run shows a time of 10 minutes or less after reaching the 1 mile marker

Objective: Do the laundry
    Success Criteria: The dirty laundry basket is empty. All of the clothes are clean and dry.

So, start out by listing each of the objectives for your website, and then describe how you'd measure whether you've managed to meet that objective or not. Consider what the main features will be on your website, the type of content, how your users will interact with it, how it will benefit those users, what problems it solves, etc.

Have a look at other existing websites around the internet if you're stuck for ideas - for example, a lot of companies use their websites to advertise their goods and services, to let their customers get in contact or find their address, some websites have community forums, many websites allow users to log in and have a secure password system, etc. Each of those things fulfils some kind of objective criteria for the owner(s) of those websites.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.