Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by yuki013)
    Hello, and thanks for your help.

Yes, I am an EU national and at the end of July it will be 3 years since I have been permanently in the UK.
    About the form you linked, in sections b2 and b3 it asks me for my non-UK Passport, which I will obtain and the end of March. This means I can not apply with a national ID, is that correct?

Thank you again.
    Thanks Yuki.

EU Nationals (excluding Republic of Ireland) are required to have 5 years residency within the UK to apply as a home student.

The other option would be to apply as a Migrant Worker student which will allow you to obtain the full funding but you are required to work throughout your studies.

All Migrant Worker/Home applications require Original ID.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Do I have to resubmit evidence already sent in last year?
    I’m divorced with a change of name and this years’ application is asking for the same evidence as I sent last year
    Thanks
    Kirsty
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by KirstyQuinn)
    Hi
    Do I have to resubmit evidence already sent in last year?
    I’m divorced with a change of name and this years’ application is asking for the same evidence as I sent last year
    Thanks
    Kirsty
    Hi Kirsty,

If this is a continuing application we would not need to see evidence again.

This should be picked up by our assessors once they get to your application.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

ReputationRep:
    If i apply for student finance at the weekend, how long will it take for the money to go into my bank?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun Doherty)
    Thanks Yuki.

EU Nationals (excluding Republic of Ireland) are required to have 5 years residency within the UK to apply as a home student.

The other option would be to apply as a Migrant Worker student which will allow you to obtain the full funding but you are required to work throughout your studies.

All Migrant Worker/Home applications require Original ID.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
    That explains it better. Thank you.
    My last question is, what is the procedure to apply as a Migrant Worker? I tried to do it online but there is no option related to it, so I guess it's on another form or I will need to contact SFE directly.

Thanks a lot for helping out!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Tinkieb99)
    If i apply for student finance at the weekend, how long will it take for the money to go into my bank?
    Hi Tinkieb99,

If this is for 2018/19 academic year then applications are 4-6 weeks.

For September starting courses and all things being well we would expect payment in September/October depending on when your University or College send over the Confirmation of Registration.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by yuki013)
    That explains it better. Thank you.
    My last question is, what is the procedure to apply as a Migrant Worker? I tried to do it online but there is no option related to it, so I guess it's on another form or I will need to contact SFE directly.

Thanks a lot for helping out!
    It's the exact same as the Home Student applications (the PN1 I linked you to earlier).

It may be best to send in the paper PN1 for your first year due to the dates of the residency.

-Shaun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun Doherty)
    Hi Kirsty,

If this is a continuing application we would not need to see evidence again.

This should be picked up by our assessors once they get to your application.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
    Thanks Shaun
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    That’s the end of the webchat. Thanks for all the questions and to Shaun for answering them

If anyone has any more questions on how to apply for student finance, we have another session tomorrow at 5pm.

You can see all the other planned events on our Student Money Week page.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    This thread is now closed.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.