Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got a question about Postgraduate Masters and Doctoral Loans? Our experts are here to help.

Please be aware all answers will be posted on Tuesday 13 February.

ReputationRep:
    What would be the best way to fund a masters in London which has a tuition fee of ~£30,000? Even with a masters loan and part time job, it seems problematic to fund this without the aid of a scholarship from the university.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was lucky enough to receive DSA as an undergraduate student. Is there any support as a postgraduate and if so, what support can DSA provide for students with dyslexia?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to do midwifery this year for March 2018 intake! I have already got a degree but I have been told that health related courses allow you to take another student loan out to cover the three years, just wanted to double check this was correct? Also now we don’t have the bursary I have to apply for student finance, how long will this take to kick in? As the course starts at the end of March and I don’t know what would happen if it didn’t come in time? Thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by CRD_98)
    What would be the best way to fund a masters in London which has a tuition fee of ~£30,000? Even with a masters loan and part time job, it seems problematic to fund this without the aid of a scholarship from the university.
    Hi CRD_98,

We would recommend speaking to your university directly regarding additional support that may be available to you. You will also be able to find further information on potential funding available here.

Thanks,

Mark
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by knib1)
    Hi,

I was lucky enough to receive DSA as an undergraduate student. Is there any support as a postgraduate and if so, what support can DSA provide for students with dyslexia?

Thanks!
    Hi knib1,

We do offer DSA support for postgraduate students. You will be able to find information on what support you may be eligible for here.

Thanks,

Mark
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Laurab7)
    I have applied to do midwifery this year for March 2018 intake! I have already got a degree but I have been told that health related courses allow you to take another student loan out to cover the three years, just wanted to double check this was correct? Also now we don’t have the bursary I have to apply for student finance, how long will this take to kick in? As the course starts at the end of March and I don’t know what would happen if it didn’t come in time? Thanks!
    Hi Laurab7,

This would be correct as midwifery would be classed as a exceptions course. The expected timeframe to process applications is up to four to six weeks.

Thanks,

Mark

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to everyone who took part in todays webchat. Remember there's much more going on today and the rest of this week - get involved. Cheers.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.