The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Accomodation 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katie_boo_456
I've messaged accommodation services so hopefully I will hear back from them. No one else that I know for Sciennes has that in their room type so it's a bit strange.

Thank you for your insight though!

Good stuff.

Definitely is strange because I remember having to use the second bathroom in one of the Sciennes flats because one was blocked! eek!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 41
If you meet the undergraduate accommodation guarantee, does it mean that as long as you apply before the 16th of August, you will have an equal chance as everyone of getting into accommodation, even if they applied earlier?

On the uni website it says "The allocation to Pollock Halls (or any other University accommodation) is not done on a first come, first served basis. All students who qualify for our guarantee of an offer of accommodation and who give catered accommodation as their first choice have the same chance of being successful.", does this mean this only extends to people who apply for catered accommodation, or all types of university accommodation? Thanks in advance
Original post by Green73
If you meet the undergraduate accommodation guarantee, does it mean that as long as you apply before the 16th of August, you will have an equal chance as everyone of getting into accommodation, even if they applied earlier?

On the uni website it says "The allocation to Pollock Halls (or any other University accommodation) is not done on a first come, first served basis. All students who qualify for our guarantee of an offer of accommodation and who give catered accommodation as their first choice have the same chance of being successful.", does this mean this only extends to people who apply for catered accommodation, or all types of university accommodation? Thanks in advance

Yes. This should be the case.

I doubt any particular student actually knows (well not me at least) the exact mechanism they use to allocate rooms. Contact Accommodation, Catering and Events for the finer technicalities.
I booked a room from unite students - Chalmers street which is 5-10 mins walking to the George square. I stayed in Pollock Halls in 2017/18 it is 20-25 mins walking to George square, food is not good and I was actually spending most of my money for the food and taxi to not to be late for the lectures and tutorials. I prefer to socialize in the lectures, common places, etc. instead of halls.
Got offer at Buccleuch Place Lane but I heard really bad things about the it - that students had to live elsewhere as the accommodation was not completed and of active construction nearby. Anyone has any clue about that place?
Hello,
I’m looking for a replacement tenant for my Salisbury Court booking with Unite Students.

It’s a private studio room inclusive of a private kitchen and an ensuite bathroom, a three/quarter sized bed, wifi, insurance, and all other bills etc. The accommodation is super new and there are lots of facilities in the common room such as a pool table and table tennis, a studying area, meeting/conference rooms, free printing, a cinema area, a lounge area, and a really pretty courtyard! It’s located in St Leonards street, which is really convenient for going to the library/main university area if you’re studying in Uni of Edinburgh, and is also a quick walk to city centre/Princes street, and has lots of nearby restaurants too. It's £257 per week for 43 weeks, from 08 Sep 2018 - 06 Jul 2019.

Most importantly, the classic studios are all fully booked except for mine which I am releasing for re-listing, meaning this will be the last available studio here, so if you’re interested I would advise you to book it before someone else comes along:tongue:

Here’s a link to go through a virtual tour/to book if anyone is interested:
https://www.unitestudents.com/edinburgh/salisbury-court

However, please only book if you are sure you want the room as if you cancel the booking the liability will go back to me (i.e. i will have to find another replacement tenant or pay for the rent - and atm it is quite urgent for me to find a replacement tenant!!:frown:)
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey, does anyone know if there is a considerable difference between the standard and the large sized rooms in Warrender Park Crescent and Warrender Park Road? The rooms on the website look so claustrophobic!
Original post by Vivianne_1307
Hey, does anyone know if there is a considerable difference between the standard and the large sized rooms in Warrender Park Crescent and Warrender Park Road? The rooms on the website look so claustrophobic!

I currently live in Warrender Park Crescent in a standard room and I wouldn't say it's that small at all. I've not seen any large rooms but the standard rooms are perfectly adequate. I've seen some rooms in other people's accommodation which are much smaller.
Reply 48
I have an offer for Medicine starting Sept and was considering the Warrender Park accommodation as it looked more characterful, but wasn't sure if it is too far from George Square, and also on the accommodation pages it did look a bit dated? How are you finding it living there? thanks
Original post by Sherlock222
I currently live in Warrender Park Crescent in a standard room and I wouldn't say it's that small at all. I've not seen any large rooms but the standard rooms are perfectly adequate. I've seen some rooms in other people's accommodation which are much smaller.

Hi I'm currently looking at Warrender Park Crescent (or Warrender Park Road) as my accomodation for this year, and did you like staying there? I really like the look of the area, is it nice? It looks smaller than some other accomodations, so does it have a community feel to it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending