Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. So my girlfriend and I broke up 2 years ago (she basically did), because of my attitude mainly, it's not that I never loved her or treated her badly, but I was fighting pretty often with her for no reasons. Of course it's not only that, she had more reasons to, and in my opinion, her excuse to break up with me wasn't 'legit'.

In the meantime, we both tried to get back, but we kinda failed. Last time we talked was in April 2017, when I tried to be with her, but she rejected me because she said she is too busy with studies. That's partially true, she is in med school and studied a lot, but still. She was flirting with me back then, and I was so sure she would say yes that the rejection shocked me. Few days later, she told a friend of mine that she wanted to be with me, but she is afraid I won't let her study and stuff (I used to be like that). Anyway, I got disappointed, and blocked her everywhere so I could move on.

Many months later, in New year's Eve 2018, she pmed me on WA. She said how much she misses me, wants to be with me, etc (I don't know how she found my WhatsApp, sine I blocked her number but whatever). I told her that we can talk if she wants it a lot. She said some stuff, flirted with me kinda, and made me think she is interested in getting back. She even told me to meet her. She used to reply mostly late (after 6-8 hrs) because of her studies I guess (sometimes she was reply fast that). So because of that, I wanted to be sure if she wants to be with me or not, since I wasn't sure why she was replying late, and why she pmed me in he first place. I didn't answer to her pm for 3 days, then decided to. I told her as an excuse that I forgot to answer to her pm. And since then (it's been 2 weeks now), she constantly replies really late (after 2-3 days). I reply normally and I don't show her that it annoys me etc, but I am really wondering why this is happening. Yesterday she sent me a message after 4 days and said "For god's sake, why am I not getting notifications when you message me...I am always like "What's wrong with him". Then I replied saying its ok, and 1+ days have passed, no message.

Why would she reply so late? Could what she is saying be true? I mean, if she was waiting for my pm, wouldn't she constantly check her phone? (In case she isn't getting notifications when I pm her). I am not sure really.

Sometimes I feel she got bored, and that all she wanted was attention. Sometimes I feel that she is honest and not lying, and that she could be really busy with other stuff. Sometimes I feel that she found someone else. That she is maybe playing games. I really don't know what to do. Deep inside I want to be back with her, even though all those months since April that we didn't talk (8+ months), I kinda got over her.

I mean, why would she not be interested if she 1. Is the one who pmed me after months and found my wa 2. Begged me to talk to her 3. Thanked me man times for that, and once she even asked me why I didn't reply to her 4. Kinda flirted with me etc.

What should I do in your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    You’ve tried a couple times and it hasn’t worked. She seems really indecisive and seems as if she thinks she can pick you up and drop you whenever. Like she only wants you when she thinks she can’t have you. I think, move on and find someone who really loves, respects and cares for you. Someone who answers your messages as quickly as you answer theirs, and someone that you can make a fresh start with, as it sounds as if there’s a lot of toxic history here.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Vertige, your first paragraph is revealing.

Never ever take your frustrations out on your girlfriend, friends or family. Take them out on your punchbag. Who cares what excuse she gave you for dumping you? Your fighting was reason enough.

Learn from your mistakes. I fear that if you get back together with her you will revert to your old fighting ways.

Better to wipe the slate clean. Resolve to change and find a new woman that you will treat right this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zozo200016)
    You’ve tried a couple times and it hasn’t worked. She seems really indecisive and seems as if she thinks she can pick you up and drop you whenever. Like she only wants you when she thinks she can’t have you. I think, move on and find someone who really loves, respects and cares for you. Someone who answers your messages as quickly as you answer theirs, and someone that you can make a fresh start with, as it sounds as if there’s a lot of toxic history here.
    I see. Thanks for your opinion man. I also agree with you, but I just can't understand how she changed like that. Why would she ignore my messages and reply after days, or if let's say she lied that she doesn't get notifications, why would she do that? Literally no respect..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
    Vertige, your first paragraph is revealing.

Never ever take your frustrations out on your girlfriend, friends or family. Take them out on your punchbag. Who cares what excuse she gave you for dumping you? Your fighting was reason enough.

Learn from your mistakes. I fear that if you get back together with her you will revert to your old fighting ways.

Better to wipe the slate clean. Resolve to change and find a new woman that you will treat right this time.

It might sound something crazy, but it's not really. I was fighting constantly, true, but she was aswell. She was also getting jealous too easily. I have changed. Two years have passed. I truly have. But the problem is, look what she is doing. If she is not interested, why would she do all these? Because lets be honest, you can't do all those things and then say ''I just wanted to see if you are ok''. It's just frustrating, and at the same time annoying. She is so indecisive, she wasn't like that in the past. Terrible.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.