Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Winter Olympics 2018 thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Curling is actually a lot of fun, but very cold if you have the wrong shoes.

I am looking forward to the Nordic Combined. Last year we dominated everyone, regularly having three people on the podium each World Cup race, sadly this season the form isn't there. I'm hoping it's all to be in form now. Biathlon of course, though sadly Bjoerndalen was not picked by Norway. I guess if you are in your 40s you do finally start to drop from world class.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    Is anyone watching the opening ceremony? North and South Korea put on a united front.
    Nope, I have missed the opening ceremony. Didn't even know it was yesterday. :dontknow:

(Original post by FreeTheNip)
    Super excited for the snowboarding, is probably gonna be awesome
    One of the fewest sports of olympics I would be interest in watching in TV.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The women's 3000m speed skating was quite entertaining

ReputationRep:
    Oh yea, two golds already
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by yudothis)
    Oh yea, two golds already
    I guess you refer to the Netherlands. I think so, as they got no gold medals in the first day of this competition. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I guess you refer to the Netherlands. I think so, as they got no gold medals in the first day of this competition. :holmes:
    Didn't they win the ice skating?

No, by now we already have 3 golds, 2 more than would have been expected tbh.

ReputationRep:
    as an alpine ski racer, I'm excited to watch the slalom, gs, super-g and downhill
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Didn't they win the ice skating?

No, by now we already have 3 golds, 2 more than would have been expected tbh.
    So you was talking about the Germans which you support I guess. You have not really had great expectations. The Germans are actually good in Winter Olympics.

ReputationRep:
    The men’s slope style snowboarding was pretty awesome and a 17 year old coming away with gold? Amazing stuff. Will have to catch up with the women’s qualifying for the equivalent. The curling was also very entertaining to watch. Currently watching the luge maniacs fly around the track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    So you was talking about the Germans which you support I guess. You have not really had great expectations. The Germans are actually good in Winter Olympics.
    Wellinger and Peiffer were far from favorites to win, especially the latter, no German man had won a World Cup race this season yet.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wellinger and Peiffer were far from favorites to win, especially the latter, no German man had won a World Cup race this season yet.
    Can judge this, as I not a fan of wintersports. I just get the news via radio and TV now and then. To be honest, there is not a single event I am keen on. But ironically, I am discussing a lot yet. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I love the Olympics. Summer and Winter. It's always one of the highlights of my year (That sounds a bit lame but I really really enjoy it)

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys see the girls slope style today that really shouldn't have been run it was way too windy seeing as about 3 people managed to stomp a run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    Did you guys see the girls slope style today that really shouldn't have been run it was way too windy seeing as about 3 people managed to stomp a run.
    Too windy to practise racing on the ground, but not too windy to compete at jumping in the air... Makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Too windy to practise racing on the ground, but not too windy to compete at jumping in the air... Makes sense.
    I know right lets hope the combined runs tonight I want to see some skiing.

ReputationRep:
    Whoops.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by phoebemallow)
    I love the Olympics. Summer and Winter. It's always one of the highlights of my year (That sounds a bit lame but I really really enjoy it)
    Can rather get excited for the summer games, They are the ones I would rather like to watch than the winter games. Even martial art exists in this competition! that makes it easier to share the fascination.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Can't wait for the Ice Hockey tonight
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    THE FLYING TOMATO STRIKES AGAIN!!!

Shaun White won the Men's Halfpipe again despite the 19 year old Japanese rider & reigning X-games champion Ayumu Hirano landing back to back 1440s (1440 is 4 full spins in 1 jump)

ReputationRep:
    The competition was epic!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.