Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

TV Shows You Wish They'd Bring Back? watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I am really showing my age here, I think...

Would really love to see Gladiators. They did show the original version, which ran from '92-'98, on Challenge. Was kinda gutted when it finished!

What shows do you wish they'd bring back?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    My go-to answer for this question was always Robot Wars... but then they brought it back! :yay: Though the lack of confirmation of an 11th series means that it might still end up being a valid answer. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Golden balls
    and Bruce's price is right but won be the same without Brucy R.I.P
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)

Would really love to see Gladiators. They did show the original version, which ran from '92-'98, on Challenge. Was kinda gutted when it finished!

Id love to bring that back as well.
    They did bring it back for a short while back in 2009 ish, but from the short bits of it it was a bit rubbish.
    But yeah, they should feffo bring that back- and bring it back like the original.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by james ionicbond)
    Golden balls
    and Bruce's price is right but won be the same without Brucy R.I.P
    Golden Balls was a solid gameshow, now that you mention it. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    King of the hill & futurama.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)

Ready Steady Cook. Absolute classic and I would look forward to watching it after school "back in the days". Thankfully, Endemol (the production company) released quite a few episodes on YouTube for us to enjoy and as a student, most of us have access to the Box of Broadcasts https://learningonscreen.ac.uk/ondemand. Perhaps it would help make the nation a little less fat by having a proper rustic and engaging cookery show rather than arty-farty Nigella.

Cuffs. It was a short-lived police drama axed after one series by the BBC. I think it was pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Breaking Bad.

ReputationRep:
    Deadwood, though I have it on good authority that the proposed movies are due to move ahead this/next year.

ReputationRep:
    The two times I was pissed off cos a TV show was cancelled: Heroes and Dracula.

ReputationRep:
    Stargate SG1 with the original cast, even if it were only for one special episode.

ReputationRep:
    Utopia, either a third British series or David Fincher's planned adaptation would make me so happy.

ReputationRep:
    Miami Vice in its original form so I don't have to buy it.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Buffy the Vampier Slayer was pretty cool so would be great to see that come back, could see it doing well on Netflix

ReputationRep:
    Smallville....but, we know that won't happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    Ready Steady Cook. Absolute classic and I would look forward to watching it after school "back in the days". Thankfully, Endemol (the production company) released quite a few episodes on YouTube for us to enjoy and as a student, most of us have access to the Box of Broadcasts https://learningonscreen.ac.uk/ondemand. Perhaps it would help make the nation a little less fat by having a proper rustic and engaging cookery show rather than arty-farty Nigella.
    I second this entirely.

ReputationRep:
    kenan&kel

ReputationRep:
    Hannibal

ReputationRep:
    THE OFFICE! Which is apparently making a comeback this year

ReputationRep:
    I miss watching Wild at Heart, Primeval and Meerkat Manor. Would love to have these shows back.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.