Turn on thread page Beta

TV Shows You Wish They'd Bring Back? watch

• Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I am really showing my age here, I think...

Would really love to see Gladiators. They did show the original version, which ran from '92-'98, on Challenge. Was kinda gutted when it finished!

What shows do you wish they'd bring back?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    My go-to answer for this question was always Robot Wars... but then they brought it back! :yay: Though the lack of confirmation of an 11th series means that it might still end up being a valid answer. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Golden balls
    and Bruce's price is right but won be the same without Brucy R.I.P
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)

Would really love to see Gladiators. They did show the original version, which ran from '92-'98, on Challenge. Was kinda gutted when it finished!

Id love to bring that back as well.
    They did bring it back for a short while back in 2009 ish, but from the short bits of it it was a bit rubbish.
    But yeah, they should feffo bring that back- and bring it back like the original.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by james ionicbond)
    Golden balls
    and Bruce's price is right but won be the same without Brucy R.I.P
    Golden Balls was a solid gameshow, now that you mention it. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    King of the hill & futurama.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)

Ready Steady Cook. Absolute classic and I would look forward to watching it after school "back in the days". Thankfully, Endemol (the production company) released quite a few episodes on YouTube for us to enjoy and as a student, most of us have access to the Box of Broadcasts https://learningonscreen.ac.uk/ondemand. Perhaps it would help make the nation a little less fat by having a proper rustic and engaging cookery show rather than arty-farty Nigella.

Cuffs. It was a short-lived police drama axed after one series by the BBC. I think it was pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Breaking Bad.

ReputationRep:
    Deadwood, though I have it on good authority that the proposed movies are due to move ahead this/next year.

ReputationRep:
    The two times I was pissed off cos a TV show was cancelled: Heroes and Dracula.

ReputationRep:
    Stargate SG1 with the original cast, even if it were only for one special episode.

ReputationRep:
    Utopia, either a third British series or David Fincher's planned adaptation would make me so happy.

ReputationRep:
    Miami Vice in its original form so I don't have to buy it.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Buffy the Vampier Slayer was pretty cool so would be great to see that come back, could see it doing well on Netflix

ReputationRep:
    Smallville....but, we know that won't happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    Ready Steady Cook. Absolute classic and I would look forward to watching it after school "back in the days". Thankfully, Endemol (the production company) released quite a few episodes on YouTube for us to enjoy and as a student, most of us have access to the Box of Broadcasts https://learningonscreen.ac.uk/ondemand. Perhaps it would help make the nation a little less fat by having a proper rustic and engaging cookery show rather than arty-farty Nigella.
    I second this entirely.

ReputationRep:
    kenan&kel

ReputationRep:
    Hannibal

ReputationRep:
    THE OFFICE! Which is apparently making a comeback this year

ReputationRep:
    I miss watching Wild at Heart, Primeval and Meerkat Manor. Would love to have these shows back.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2018
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.