The Student Room Group

Relationships

I’m currently 16 years old in year 11 and I’ve never been in a relationship or kissed a boy. I’m an only child and don’t have a father so I feel like I need a male figure in my life to love like a father-daughter relationship. I’ve crushed hard on guys for years, and am currently mad for someone bad I daren’t tell them. Any advice??
Tbh I need this kind of advice too.
One thing I can say is don't do anything drastic which you might regret, the amount of my friends which have done something stupid and regretted it and then preceded to spend months dwelling on it is ridiculous.
Maybe just get to know some guys?
Feel free to pm me I’m in the same position atm:smile:
Reply 3
I'd suggest that u sort your daddy issues before u start dating guys.

cus usually people like this tend to put a lot of pressure on their partner emotionally get too attached quickly .etc and the relationship ends horribly. If u mistakenly associate ur boyfriend as being a fartherly figure then u're gonna end up hatin men forever.

If u've done the prior then increase your attractive appeal (gym - get a big arse .etc, makeup on point or wat not), this reduces your chances of failure if u ask him out.

Then start talking to the guy and see where things go from there if u think there's a mutual connection then ask to meet up out of school and eventually u'll be goin out.

It's simple really just be yourself and make sure ur not annoying (this is really important), is u have habbits that ur friends tell u get on their nerves don't do it around him since this can ruin everythang. Grils at this age tend to be very annoying.
(edited 6 years ago)
youre only 16 stop worrying about boys and focus on your gcses. youll find someone... eventually
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I’m currently 16 years old in year 11 and I’ve never been in a relationship or kissed a boy. I’m an only child and don’t have a father so I feel like I need a male figure in my life to love like a father-daughter relationship. I’ve crushed hard on guys for years, and am currently mad for someone bad I daren’t tell them. Any advice??

just bide your time. I am now 23 and I had the exact same upbringing and impulses as you. but I had my first kiss at 19 and I am glad I waited. you need to learn how to be strong on your own. if you give in to the impulse to be in a father-daughter type relationship,then you may make yourself vulnerable to manipulation and make yourself reliant on a man to be happy. you need to be strong on your own and then when you are ready you will enter into a relationship where you are equal and look after each other. you don't need a father-type figure to be looked after, a loving guy will look after you in exchange for you looking after him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending