Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys.I am at that point in school where i have to make decisions that affect my entire life: GCSE Options. I currently have made up my mind for History and French. We have got 2 other options and i am debating between Geography, Business and Computer Science. I am quite good at Geography (A*), i am interested in business (but i've heard that it is a bit easy and obvious) and i like computer science. Can you help me? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I do French, History and Geography along with the compulsory ones, and I'd recommend you only do geography if you like it. Computer science is a good one if you're interested in maths, and if you enjoy business take it, who cares if you find it easy (but surely that's a good thing, right?) If you took history and French because you had to, make your third option something enjoyable and something you'll look forward to in the week. I don't know if there's coursework for computer science and business, but if there is make sure you like them if you're taking them. I've got friends who take subjects with a lot of coursework and it takes up so much of their time, but they like the subject so they don't mind too much.

ReputationRep:
    If you think you might want to do a subject at A level then take it or if you really enjoy the subject. As someone who did computer science at GCSE there is quiet a bit of coursework so just be aware of that. But, overall at GCSE it is just important to take what you enjoy as you will have to sit the exam in 2 years and it really is about getting the best grades possible which is a lot easier when you enjoy the subjects.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.