The Student Room Group

Masters Eligibility Advice

Having been trying to work in the arts after graduating from UCL a few years ago, I've decided that to progress in the industry I would really benefit from an MA in Museum Studies or some form of curating course. However, while I did just manage to scrape a 2:1 (with a 1st in my dissertation), it's not exactly the healthiest looking grade transcript as I actually failed a course in my second year of study. I was just wondering whether anyone would have any advise as to whether I would stand a chance of being accepted for postgrad study? I was looking at the University of Glasgow as my most likely option (or maybe KCL if I allow myself to dream - I did take a course there as an undergrad at it was great). Any advice would be most welcome!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by DMCollins24
Having been trying to work in the arts after graduating from UCL a few years ago, I've decided that to progress in the industry I would really benefit from an MA in Museum Studies or some form of curating course. However, while I did just manage to scrape a 2:1 (with a 1st in my dissertation), it's not exactly the healthiest looking grade transcript as I actually failed a course in my second year of study. I was just wondering whether anyone would have any advise as to whether I would stand a chance of being accepted for postgrad study? I was looking at the University of Glasgow as my most likely option (or maybe KCL if I allow myself to dream - I did take a course there as an undergrad at it was great). Any advice would be most welcome!

Just make some informal enquiries and ask them. There is also the rest of your application and they are still interested in money. You dont ask you dont get.
Original post by DMCollins24

Entry requirements at Glasgow and KCL are a 2:1 (are those the right courses?) There's no reason not to apply. If you've got relevant work experience that's likely to help. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending