Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Its the Moldives, send a single destroyer and special forces.. Capture the tyrant Yaseem.

I'll abstain. I agree with the spirit but not your weak execution.
    I'm not a supporter of military intervention where it can be avoided, hence the "weak execution" as you put it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    I'm not a supporter of military intervention where it can be avoided, hence the "weak execution" as you put it.
    Tell that to the Syrians currently having chemical weapons dropped on them.

Libertarian foreign policy is not realistic.

ReputationRep:
    Get the Americans to deal with it, since they love to throw the 7 fleets they have around so much. Unless they particularly threaten British interests or territories, I feel simply, in the words of Chamberlain of all people, that it is "A far away country of which we know nothing"
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    I was quoting you in your question...
    Have you find the dictionary with the dodgy definition yet or are you going to concede it isn't intervention, people just don't like voting for things they agree with if they come from the wrong person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlintofBavaria)
    Get the Americans to deal with it, since they love to throw the 7 fleets they have around so much. Unless they particularly threaten British interests or territories, I feel simply, in the words of Chamberlain of all people, that it is "A far away country of which we know nothing"
    Then one day that far away country grows from the small country it was that posed no threat, to a powerful state creating a real threat. Foreign policy cannot be conducted by ignoring the rest of the world, decisions need to be taken to decide if a country not posing a threat today could become a threat tomorrow if nothing is done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob E)
    Then one day that far away country grows from the small country it was that posed no threat, to a powerful state creating a real threat. Foreign policy cannot be conducted by ignoring the rest of the world, decisions need to be taken to decide if a country not posing a threat today could become a threat tomorrow if nothing is done.
    The Maldives? A threat? I don't think so, considering the fact they're sinking beneath the waves... If this was, as you reference, somebody like Germany, Italy, Japan or another country that well, mattered, the premise would be much different. My opinion is that we shouldn't concern ourselves with people that just do not matter.

ReputationRep:
    Aye. Strange for a Liber motion that I agree with every word.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I was quoting you in your question...
    It has now been three days. Have you found a definition that supports your position or do you concede that you are wrong to say that it is intervention?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    It has now been three days. Have you found a definition that supports your position or do you concede that you are wrong to say that it is intervention?
    As I said in my first comment regarding this, I voted against the Iran motion because of the last sentence of it. Thats all I have to say on the matter.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    As I said in my first comment regarding this, I voted against the Iran motion because of the last sentence of it. Thats all I have to say on the matter.
    Do you do not believe it is interventionist to say that, you just disagree with the idea that liberal western democracy is a better system of government than theocracy?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This has gone to cessation
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Division!

Clear the lobbies!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.