Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Electricity box question - URGENT watch

Announcements

So, I'm meant to be house-sitting for a friend (she's away for a week).

But yesterday I decided to come back to mine for the night because I've been really ill and want to be around my boyfriend/my own things.

Anyway, I'm really concerned that her electric alarm may have gone off and she lives in a bad area so I don't know what her neighbours (it's a terrace) may have done.

Basically, when I entered the electricity box was switched to off (hence the electricity was off).

The other options were Test 1 and Test 2.

I put it on test 2 and after a short while an alarm went off (I have nothing like this in my home/electricity box nor at my parents') - the alarm was loud and crazy.

So I turned the box off.

I then put it on Test 1 and everything seemed to be fine.

However, I've thought that as it says Test it may still also be an alarm setting and although it never went off whilst I was there, it could have gone off since I've been gone (nobody is there and I've been gone overnight).

I'm bed-bound at the moment - my body is aching all over and I REALLY don't wanna get up and drive to hers tonight (it's 20 miles away) but I don't think I can leave it another night especially if the alarm did go off.

I told her last night that I'd be staying at mine and she was fine with that but I can't stop thinking about the alarm (it's a terrace, you certainly couldn't sleep with it being on).

I'm really dumb about this kind of stuff... the alarm is just a test, right? So there's no danger?

Also, does anyone have a similar box and can tell me what happens on each setting.

Thanks.

By the way it was a key switch dial.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.