Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, earlier today someone named Heidi asked for a recommendation on the msag course and I had taken a long time to give her a detailed response. But for some reason she deleted her thread, I wonder if it was a fake account, but since I spent so much time to try and help her I think I will post it again for everyone. Not sure if it will help anyone for this year as i am not sure if the msag has any courses left this year but for what it is worth:

(Original post by heidi woodburn)
    Has anyone attended the interview course or MMI circuit by the medical school application guide? Any feedback will be helpful https://themsag.com/mmi-circuit.html
    Hey Heidi, I attended themsag's course towards the end of last year. It was not my first course that I tried but it was definitely the best one I attended.

Specifically:
    1) I realised how much I was missing from the other courses in terms of content. The way they taught us ethics really allowed me to understand how to approach interview questions. I was not given a cookie-cutter way to answer questions, just a way to analyse all the different angles of ethical scenarios.

2) They gave all of us free access to their online ethical scenarios video course. I have spent 20+hours to go through this with my parents and developed a better understanding on how to answer questions.

3) The MMI practice I did was most similar to the MMI interviews I attended, they gave me a video recording of my MMI stations and individual feedback for each station. This was the most helpful part, and actually it made me sign up for a second MMI circuit the next day.

4) The MMI circuit the following day was all completely new questions completely customised to what I wanted. I asked for 3 questions based on my personal statement and the rest of the questions from SGUL and I actually received questions at my SGUL interview which were so similar to the ones we practiced!

Now not all things are perfect, so I want to also give you the downsides.

1) The day was extremely tiring. We started quite early and finished late. Apart from a couple short breaks we only got 1 break for lunch. I don't know if this could be changed because I wouldn't want to remove any of the content I received. But bottom line is, I was exhausted.

2) I had a 10minute walk in the rain to get there from the tube station, it was not a nice start to the day.

3) I was told to bring a lunch, but I didn't and had to purchase from the hotel cafeteria. This was stressful to order and eat in time to start the afternoon.

4) The feedback during the day was very strict. It was not easy to take this feedback after I had been practicing for so long. But I guess if I didn't hear the truth about my flaws in the interview course I would not have been able to fix them before my real interview.

I hope this helps, I thought I would take the time and help others who were in my position! Good luck, and wish me luck!

BA

ReputationRep:
    Bernard thank you for taking out the time to give me your views on this. I somehow must have accidentally deleted the post. I will be joining their MMI circuit on 24th Feb! Spoke to a few other people and they had nice things to say.

They did however tell me about the really short break!

(Original post by Bernard Albert)
    Hey guys, earlier today someone named Heidi asked for a recommendation on the msag course and I had taken a long time to give her a detailed response. But for some reason she deleted her thread, I wonder if it was a fake account, but since I spent so much time to try and help her I think I will post it again for everyone. Not sure if it will help anyone for this year as i am not sure if the msag has any courses left this year but for what it is worth:

Hey Heidi, I attended themsag's course towards the end of last year. It was not my first course that I tried but it was definitely the best one I attended.

Specifically:
    1) I realised how much I was missing from the other courses in terms of content. The way they taught us ethics really allowed me to understand how to approach interview questions. I was not given a cookie-cutter way to answer questions, just a way to analyse all the different angles of ethical scenarios.

2) They gave all of us free access to their online ethical scenarios video course. I have spent 20+hours to go through this with my parents and developed a better understanding on how to answer questions.

3) The MMI practice I did was most similar to the MMI interviews I attended, they gave me a video recording of my MMI stations and individual feedback for each station. This was the most helpful part, and actually it made me sign up for a second MMI circuit the next day.

4) The MMI circuit the following day was all completely new questions completely customised to what I wanted. I asked for 3 questions based on my personal statement and the rest of the questions from SGUL and I actually received questions at my SGUL interview which were so similar to the ones we practiced!

Now not all things are perfect, so I want to also give you the downsides.

1) The day was extremely tiring. We started quite early and finished late. Apart from a couple short breaks we only got 1 break for lunch. I don't know if this could be changed because I wouldn't want to remove any of the content I received. But bottom line is, I was exhausted.

2) I had a 10minute walk in the rain to get there from the tube station, it was not a nice start to the day.

3) I was told to bring a lunch, but I didn't and had to purchase from the hotel cafeteria. This was stressful to order and eat in time to start the afternoon.

4) The feedback during the day was very strict. It was not easy to take this feedback after I had been practicing for so long. But I guess if I didn't hear the truth about my flaws in the interview course I would not have been able to fix them before my real interview.

I hope this helps, I thought I would take the time and help others who were in my position! Good luck, and wish me luck!

BA

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.