Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Japanese investors meeting the U.K. PM watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenneth56)
    I think tariffs tend to be by product, not size of shipment.

For example, Scotland exports large quantities of whiskey all over the world without the need for trade govt deals
    Size is of shipment is postage 😁
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Australia and New Zealand are much much smaller than China and India and trade deals will be insignificant compared to China and India. You seem to think all trade deals are the same.

Only countries that are stupid would want replicated EU deals, Britain is a much smaller market than the EU so the negotiating power is a lot less. Any deals will be worse than that Britain currently has through the EU.

What are your creative solutions, are you a trade negotiator?
    You’re so rigid your not even taking in what read.

I didn’t say they were of equal significance only that they can be done quicker.

The size of market isn’t the only important thing, it’s importance to assist their existing trade to us and visa versa and different countries have different objectives from trade deals because of what they are good at, for example you will be buying cars from japan but not Australia etc.

Interim deals will happen it’s a fact it harms neither side, whilst it is time limited to sort out bespoke deals.

Rigid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    You’re so rigid your not even taking in what read.

I didn’t say they were of equal significance only that they can be done quicker.

The size of market isn’t the only important thing, it’s importance to assist their existing trade to us and visa versa and different countries have different objectives from trade deals because of what they are good at, for example you will be buying cars from japan but not Australia etc.

Interim deals will happen it’s a fact it harms neither side, whilst it is time limited to sort out bespoke deals.

Rigid.
    You are not a trade negotiator so have no clue what is an imaginative deal and what is not. All your so called knowledge comes from brexiters who also know nothing about trade deals either.

If you do know any thing about trade deals, please tell us here. I am interested to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    You are not a trade negotiator so have no clue what is an imaginative deal and what is not. All your so called knowledge comes from brexiters who also know nothing about trade deals either.

If you do know any thing about trade deals, please tell us here. I am interested to know.
    It’s called common sense, mutual benefit, avoiding losses.

If I took the line you are taking I could throw it back at you to say you don’t know what your on about because you aren’t an international trade negotiator, but I wouldn’t be so rigid. 😁

Like I said

ReputationRep:
    It’s called common sense, mutual benefit, avoiding losses.

If I took the line you are taking I could throw it back at you to say you don’t know what your on about because you aren’t an international trade negotiator, but I wouldn’t be so rigid. 😁

Like I said
    It shows how utterly naive you are. Trade deals are about who has the power, who can dictate terms, who gets the better deals. The EU is dictating terms to the UK and the UK has no choice but accept them.

Do you really think China, the US or the EU is at all interested in mutual benefit? Of course they are not, they fight tooth and claw to get the best deal for themselves and its up the other side to do the same.

Why do you think it takes years to hammer out a trade deal, do you think its because they get on so well they like talking to each other for years?

Get out of brexit la la land and into the real world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    It shows how utterly naive you are. Trade deals are about who has the power, who can dictate terms, who gets the better deals. The EU is dictating terms to the UK and the UK has no choice but accept them.

Do you really think China, the US or the EU is at all interested in mutual benefit? Of course they are not, they fight tooth and claw to get the best deal for themselves and its up the other side to do the same.

Why do you think it takes years to hammer out a trade deal, do you think its because they get on so well they like talking to each other for years?

Get out of brexit la la land and into the real world.
    Alright last response.

It takes so long in normal circumstances because they are trying to get the maximum benefit.

Enjoy being proven wrong over the next decade 😁

ReputationRep:
    Alright last response.

It takes so long in normal circumstances because they are trying to get the maximum benefit.

Enjoy being proven wrong over the next decade 😁
    Clueless

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.