The Student Room Group

Economics EPQ Help!

I'm in year 12 and I decided to take up EPQ in september. Admittedly, I haven't been working on it much and I'm supposed to have got up to and completed my literature review by now and started the discussion. I haven't really done any research yet but I would like to base my topic on the german hyperinflation crisis that took place in 1923, as it covers both economics and history, both of which are my favourite subjects. I was wondering if anyone could suggest possible questions and also, with February half term coming up, do you think it would be possible for me to catch up if I dedicate my week to it? I am aiming to get an A, if not an A*. Thanks in advance.
Original post by officialostrich
I'm in year 12 and I decided to take up EPQ in september. Admittedly, I haven't been working on it much and I'm supposed to have got up to and completed my literature review by now and started the discussion. I haven't really done any research yet but I would like to base my topic on the german hyperinflation crisis that took place in 1923, as it covers both economics and history, both of which are my favourite subjects. I was wondering if anyone could suggest possible questions and also, with February half term coming up, do you think it would be possible for me to catch up if I dedicate my week to it? I am aiming to get an A, if not an A*. Thanks in advance.

Do the research first and write down aspects which interest you. What happened, why and what were the results? Who was responsible and what can be learned.

You need the knowledge gleaned from research before you can really get to grips with the area. Watch some youtube videos as well.

If you are doing economics as well rather than just history, then you will need a bit more technical focus on that as well.

In terms of history look at whether things were inevitable, whether any individuals were responsible and whether events unique to the time made it inevitable. There must be a purpose behind your EPQ that results in answering a question which involves analysis and evaluation, thats where you get to show off your level of understanding and insight.

Quick Reply

Latest