Turn on thread page Beta

What should I put for required pay for Tesco watch

ReputationRep:
    Ik the pay rate per hour for Tesco is good but I don't want to say something too high that they may think I'm just in it for the money and won't hire me. Ideally, I would like £6 an hour but I think this is too much as I'm 17 and my last job was £4.70. Any suggestions on what I should put? What is the hourly pay for a store assistant at Tesco (for 17 year olds)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'd put the minimum wage for your age, because that's technically what you require.

ReputationRep:
    when i applied i just put the minimum wage for my age at the time (i got the job)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alxlg)
    when i applied i just put the minimum wage for my age at the time (i got the job)
    Okay I'll put that then, thanks. Also how much did you get paid when you got the job? Did they pay you minimum wage or higher?

ReputationRep:
    well i started in 2015 when it was £7.39 an hour (which is higher than the minimum wage) but since then we've had two pay rises so I'm currently on £8.02. I'm pretty sure all sale assistant staff get paid the same under age 25 so if you're under 18 you'd get the same as me (21). Good luck with your application!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.